Green Scag???

Hawkshot99

LawnSite Silver Member
Saw this on my Facebook feed. A local person selling a entirely green 52" Cheetah. From all the pics it looks like it came like that from the factory, or a complete disassembly to repaint it.
But the toro that also appears in a photo is factory red, so it's not like he does it for company colors.

Screenshot_20200112-152238_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20200112-152242_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20200112-152252_Facebook.jpg

rclawn

LawnSite Bronze Member
I wouldn’t buy it. This is how they sell the mowers with defects. Reason why the price is so low

RedSox4Life

LawnSite Bronze Member
I wouldn’t buy it. This is how they sell the mowers with defects. Reason why the price is so low
How does a different color hide a defect? Is $2500 actually cheap for a 7 year old mower with potentially 2000 hours?

rclawn

LawnSite Bronze Member
That’s how they distinguish them from the typical orange mowers they make. It doesn’t specify the hours, but even at 1500 hours this mower would be worth $3500-4k

OP
H

Hawkshot99

LawnSite Silver Member
Dont buy that at all.
In order to have it all properly green they would have to know its defected before even starting the assembly. Why not just grab a non defective part and make a mower you can sell at full profit?
Also Scag doesn't want to send out a clearly messed up mower(its green= messed up) into the wild for people to have ruin their opinion of scag.
Also did a google image search and cant find another green scag.