Greene County Fertilizer Company

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by KESHLER LAWN SOLUTIONS, Mar 28, 2018.

1. lawndude28

lawndude28 LawnSite Member

If you are primarily dealing with Bermuda/zoysia then idk. In my experience with Bermuda growth regulators or frequent mowing increase the thickness and health more than anything.

2. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, I am dealing with primarily bermuda/zoysia. Frequent mowing does help but we have a lot of new construction using poor soils for fill then laying sod with a thin layer of topsoil on top of that.Extremely difficult to get a quality lawn from that sometimes. I am thinking that the roots have be maximized to get what I am looking for on the top side. Growth regulators are out of the question for me. Very touchy and exact use can be critical.

3. Mizzou21

Mizzou21 LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

I've considered buying the N-EXT products next year as a home owner. I have a couple test plots so was going to try them there first and see if I can see a big difference or not before I go all in. I have a 20k sqft yard so wouldn't be cheap. Have also considered a granular Humic product like Humic DG.

4. Babaganoosh

Babaganoosh LawnSite Senior Member

You can mix up your own humic and kelp and spray it on your yard for a lot less than they are charging. You are essentially being charged to ship water

landandtree likes this.
  5. lawndude28

Check out carbon x fertilizer for new construction, uses bio char as the carrier for macro/micro and has rgs in it. Should really build soil in those situations quickly. I have talked to the owners and they are committed to create a quality product that is not expensive and competitive with current granular options.

https://carbonearth.co

6. lawndude28

Where can a home owner get liquid humic and kelp significantly cheaper? Its expensive to ship liquid.

7. Mizzou21

Mizzou21 LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

Dont think you can but you can get a granular product and disolve it in water to make your own liquid product. Cheaper then N-EXT products but you also have to do more work and mix everything youself.

8. Babaganoosh

Babaganoosh LawnSite Senior Member

I got mine thru Amazon. Just a few ounces made 2 gallons of liquid.

I can go thru my paperwork and find the exact recipe if you want. Let me know.

You can also add molasses to feed the microorganisms in the soil as well.

9. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Fanatic
    from nc

Where are you getting your supply? Rgs is cheaper than making my own from Helena.

Just saw where you were getting it from amazon. I’d be interested In Products bought but doubt they could provide my supply.

Sulfur free black strap molasses is what you want I think. 1 pt - 1 qt per acre maybe? It provides a good source for microbes.

10. Bigmks

Bigmks LawnSite Member

I'm looking forward to this product. I hope it is as good as they say it is. I like the fact that it comes with some of the micros. I'm a homeowner with tons of fill dirt as topsoil in my neighborhood.