Greene County Fertilizer Company

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by KESHLER LAWN SOLUTIONS, Mar 28, 2018.

1. lawnjox

lawnjox LawnSite Member
    Male, from Olive Branch, MS

RGS 3oz/1000 and AIR8 6oz/1000 will run bout $.80/1000 for both! I can say one thing I will be looking to add this mix to a couple rds!

2. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Fanatic

Is that purchasing by the 5 gal bucket or by the tote?

3. lawnjox

lawnjox LawnSite Member

RGS 2.5 gal jugs comes out to about $11.10/gal, @1 gal/acre

Air8 2.5 gal jugs comes out to about $9/gal, @265oz/acre

More you buy the less per gal you pay, but the shipping is what tears you a new corn shoot until you get to 5000 gals then its free!! My math may be off a few pennies either way, so don't hold me hostage on it!

4. ted putnam

Came across these recipe's for your own concoctions in my explorations. A little more trouble but would save you huge on shipping...and overall costs for that matter. Just thought I'd share

https://aroundtheyard.com/index.php...and-kelp-help-plus-humates&catid=9&Itemid=117

5. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Fanatic
    from nc

Rgs is about $9 per gallon in tote price. Think 9.50 for 5 gallon pails. Not sure in 2.5 but that seems more for diy guys.

Not sure about freight but the way it’s going it may be better to buy now than later

6. ETM

ETM LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GEORGIA

They are located 30 miles from me :walking:

7. lawnjox

lawnjox LawnSite Member

ted putnam likes this.
  8. ted putnam

Exactly! From what I saw of that recipe and just some quick figures in my head, I can mix a bunch of that for cheap! You can always do some tweaking

One thing I've got a steady supply of around here is empty 2.5 gal jugs and tap water!
    :laugh:

lawnjox likes this.
  9. ted putnam

I thought I'd bring this thread back up because I've done some checking on product and I can buy product to mix my own "biostimulant" in expensively. I have jugs so that's not a problem but thought it might be easier to add appropriate amounts of product(parts of the recipe) directly to tanks and skip the pre-mixing in jugs part of the process. I have excellent agitation in all of my tanks.

I was wondering if any of you had any experience doing this or could see any problem doing this. One product (Humic Acid) is a soluble powder and one is a liquid (Kelp Extract).Neither would be at a ratio that would be difficult to get into suspension given the agitation my tanks have.

Doing it this way would save me hassle(pre-mixing) It would also save me storage space as well as expense over buying it in liquid form from companies that ship the final product mixed in liquid form ready to dilute and use...
    Thoughts?

10. lawndude28

lawndude28 LawnSite Senior Member

I don't see why that wouldn't work if you have the agitation, that will be the key. Humic acid doesn't like to stay suspended. The stuff I buy from GCF is 'long brewed' and even then I can't let it stay in my tanks over the weekend without it clogging the filters. Let us know how it works for you.