Lawn Care Forum banner

grnd logic ?s

7K views 35 replies 11 participants last post by  Joshuakwhit 
#1 ·
couple basic ?s
-does it have front brakes or trans brake?
-does it have rear brakes and is it cable or foot operated?
-comes with a pressure reg and guage?

and ?s for those who use one
-any common problems or design flaws you would share?
-is the side deflector usefull or useless?
-how hard is to adjust and achieve an even left-right spread pattern
-how tipsy is this unit loaded on a slope? (ie the catapult effect of older pg's)

thanks

#27 ·
Anyone ever get one of these engines to not turn over with fluid locking the engine? We tried one of these units this year as a backup / over flow machine really and at 57 hours on Monday it wouldnt turn over. We pulled the spark plug and spit out a bunch of something. The service guy is trying to say its fuel/oil. Not sure what to think. We usually get 400 hrs a yr on each ride on and im not sure this GL is up to that.
Posted via Mobile Device
If the machine every has been laid over this will happen. We had this happen a few times in the boxtruck where it flipped over on its side for some reason.

You just pull the spark plug and it will start right up.

We have 6 of these machines and run them hard every week. As far as 400 hours per year...it doesn't have a clue how many hours it has on it, you just have to take care of it.

Just like every other piece of equipment it comes down to preventative maintenance and how well you take care of your stuff. We like to get rid of our machines when they get close to 400-50 hours anyway because we feel our maintenance increases with the age of any equipment that applies fertilizer.

#28 ·
That is reassuring. Do you run the boom kit on your machines Rod?
Are you satisified with the weed kill/spray coverage overall?
Been running them 2 full seasons and no issues.

Getting 3 new machines to replace exisiting machines this winter.

The machine has had a few minor issues but overall is a great one.

They have made many updates on the newer models to correct the issues.

Brice has been great to work with!

#30 ·
If the machine every has been laid over this will happen. We had this happen a few times in the boxtruck where it flipped over on its side for some reason.

You just pull the spark plug and it will start right up.

We have 6 of these machines and run them hard every week. As far as 400 hours per year...it doesn't have a clue how many hours it has on it, you just have to take care of it.

Just like every other piece of equipment it comes down to preventative maintenance and how well you take care of your stuff. We like to get rid of our machines when they get close to 400-50 hours anyway because we feel our maintenance increases with the age of any equipment that applies fertilizer.
Id bet decent money this is what might have happened. It was in an enclosed trailer the day in question.
Posted via Mobile Device

#31 ·
Id bet decent money this is what might have happened. It was in an enclosed trailer the day in question.
Posted via Mobile Device
Me too

That's the only time it has happened to us

With the slightly longer wheel base then the PG Mag it will turn on a dime but will also fold up on ya

I think n the truck or trailer if not supported correctly it just folds up and lays over during transport

After that we just supported it a little better and no issues

Guys said it takes some getting used to
Posted via Mobile Device

#32 ·
I worked as a technician in an engineering facility for 35 years that designed and built engines from 5 to 300 hp. Fuel was a very large concern to us. Engines can be built to "tolerate" ethanol and will work if you follow certain procedures. The problem is the corrosive nature of ethanol in that it is very hydroscopic. It attracts water and I assume you know what water does to engines. It is especially hard on 2-stroke engines. The small engine manufacturers association warns against using the E-15 blend and says your warranty is void if you do use it. So know, I didn't have someone tell me about this, I experienced it. Sometimes DA, you say things based on your own personal opinion that are not on the facts.
Posted via Mobile Device
May I gently say, likewise.

I have not had a problem with fuel in my machines. Its the least of my worries.
My father is a lifelong farmer and I support his industry. If that makes me biased, so be it.

#33 ·
We have never had any issues with ethanol with any of our trucks, machines, blowers or small equipment.
We have had a few issues with our Stihl lawn bosses and will not run ethanol n them. The gas/oil mix premix is $24 a gallon.
:(

I have heard a lot of bad stuff on ethanol but what can we do. You have to run it!

I am a farmer and although I LOVE what ethanol has done for our markets...I am totally against it.
It is not self sustainable and can ONLY survive with subsidies.
I have been against ethanol since day one but it also has made me a lot of money.
:)
Posted via Mobile Device

#35 ·
We have never had any issues with ethanol with any of our trucks, machines, blowers or small equipment.
We have had a few issues with our Stihl lawn bosses and will not run ethanol n them. The gas/oil mix premix is $24 a gallon.
:(

I have heard a lot of bad stuff on ethanol but what can we do. You have to run it!

I am a farmer and although I LOVE what ethanol has done for our markets...I am totally against it.
It is not self sustainable and can ONLY survive with subsidies.
I have been against ethanol since day one but it also has made me a lot of money.
:)
Posted via Mobile Device
Rodney, I really appreciate you saying this. I also grew up on a farm but a subsidy is a subsidy. I do not like them or mandates. A product should be able to stand on its own merits.
Posted via Mobile Device

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.