1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

grnd logic ?s

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jbturf, Sep 8, 2013.

1. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Me too

That's the only time it has happened to us

With the slightly longer wheel base then the PG Mag it will turn on a dime but will also fold up on ya

I think n the truck or trailer if not supported correctly it just folds up and lays over during transport

After that we just supported it a little better and no issues

Guys said it takes some getting used to
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

May I gently say, likewise.

I have not had a problem with fuel in my machines. Its the least of my worries.
    My father is a lifelong farmer and I support his industry. If that makes me biased, so be it.

3. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

We have never had any issues with ethanol with any of our trucks, machines, blowers or small equipment.
    We have had a few issues with our Stihl lawn bosses and will not run ethanol n them. The gas/oil mix premix is $24 a gallon.
    :(

I have heard a lot of bad stuff on ethanol but what can we do. You have to run it!

I am a farmer and although I LOVE what ethanol has done for our markets...I am totally against it.
    It is not self sustainable and can ONLY survive with subsidies.
    I have been against ethanol since day one but it also has made me a lot of money.
    :)
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. georgialawn88

georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member

rcreech, pm sent

5. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

Rodney, I really appreciate you saying this. I also grew up on a farm but a subsidy is a subsidy. I do not like them or mandates. A product should be able to stand on its own merits.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Joshuakwhit

Joshuakwhit LawnSite Member

On equipment I run everyday I don't have problems with ethanol. It's only been equipment that is used once or twice a month that become the problem, I think that's why homeowners have such problems on they're mowers and such. JMO
    Posted via Mobile Device