• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

grocery store

cjcland

LawnSite Senior Member
i thought about offering my local winn a dixie a deal that i would blow off there parking lot twice a week to let me put my business cards at each register in a little holder. i would like some input from people if they think this might work<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida

Lazer

LawnSite Bronze Member
It's a unique idea. But it's just not the type of promotion I would ever respond to as a customer.

geogunn

LawnSite Gold Member
cjcland--this kind of promotion has worked for me, however I have never tried putting my cards at the registers of such a prominent location. back in the early days, I placed them at the checkout counters of the convenience, hardware stores, beauty and barber shops, and every where I could, in my end of town. it worked great. cost? about tewnty five cents worth of cards at a place I was going to stop and get a hot mug of joe or ahair cut anyway. one response and you are in the black. instead, I got several in a short while. when I got them was when I needed them...when I was starting up on a low buget.<p>for your question.... IMHO...never offer to do anything tit for tat. ask the mgr of the local WD for $20, $30, $50 or whatever a quality blow down is worth and also that the deal includes the card placment at the register.<p>there are times to give it away for free, but this isn't one of them. for volunteer work, find a couple that can't mow or afford to pay for it to be done on their small city lot. help 'em out three or four times a year if you can. good luck!<p>GEO