• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Groggy Right Side Hydro in the AM

tdipaul

LawnSite Senior Member
Love this mower, the cut is fantastic and it is built really well. But it's not a "morning" mower if you know what I mean. It has a traditional pump and wheel motor setup and for the first 15 minutes of operation of the day the RIGHT wheel control is very twitchy as if there is ton of stiction in the linkage. The on/off nature makes it hard to slow down and turn without making a divot. But after it warms up up its very smooth though.

I verified that at the full speed setting there is still some play in the control linkage so its not that. And since the pumps/motors draw off the same oil supply I think that can be ruled out too.

Mower now as 38 hours on it and its done this since hour 1. Any thoughts on what is making the right side so twitchy when cold?

Last edited:

ARN Greencare

LawnSite Senior Member
Probably dampener?

Jonathon Singleton

LawnSite Member
Maybe a filter thats somewhat plugged? Oil warms up after 15 minutes of operation and is thin enough to pass through the element quicker

OP
tdipaul

tdipaul

LawnSite Senior Member
It was purchased from another lawn service that never used it. I am not the original purchaser so there is probably no warranty(?)

This winter I'll take it to the dealer for a look-see

Freaky Fido

LawnSite Member
Bob-Cat warranty is transferrable (once) provided that the dealer is notified of the transfer of ownership and authorizes the warranty transfer. So basically it's up to the dealer.

ARN Greencare

LawnSite Senior Member
there's a dampener in the system?
It's the shock on the linkage that smooths out your movement. Stating that it is twitchy inclines me to believe there's a damper, (shock) that could be the culprit. Some systems do not use a damper, but I would check there first in the event it has one.