Gross income per day????

joelslawncare

LawnSite Member
I'm wondering what a 2 man crew should be grossing each day?
If you could let me know what your crew or crews try and make a day would be helpful. Gross income. I'm trying to figure out how many cleints I need to make a living? I currently offer weekly mowing>residential @ commercial.
tree trimming, bed maintenance, shrub trimming, snow removal, fertilizing, etc
Any comments would be appreciated.

94gt331

LawnSite Bronze Member
When I have 2 guys out mowing I like to make $550 gross for them 2. Mowing rates are pretty beat up around here. I'm happy making that. I know other lco's think they need to make double that I'm sure for mowing grass.

wz2p7j

LawnSite Member
When I have 2 guys out mowing I like to make $550 gross for them 2. Mowing rates are pretty beat up around here. I'm happy making that. I know other lco's think they need to make double that I'm sure for mowing grass.
That sounds about right for a couple guys with walk behind's and smaller riders doing residential and light commercial. If you can move up to larger properties and 60-72" riders you're probably looking at $1000/day or so. Graduate to wide area mowers and the sky is the limit.

We have a site we do in about half a day with two crews that grosses about $4500. But there's a 16' and 11' Jac involved and a fleet of 72" riders.

Chris

orangemower

LawnSite Silver Member
I gross anywhere from $400-$600 depending on the day by myself. Two guys and you should be close to$800 a day.
Posted via Mobile Device

wz2p7j

LawnSite Member
How much do you guys net though?
"Net" will be different for everyone as everyone has different fixed cost structures - office, lease, G&A, etc.

Chris

wz2p7j

LawnSite Member
4 guys - say, 10 hours a day - $35 per man hour bill rate = $1400

Your right in there and I made no allowance for road time.

Chris