1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Gross income per day????

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by joelslawncare, Feb 22, 2012.

1. joelslawncare

joelslawncare LawnSite Member

I'm wondering what a 2 man crew should be grossing each day?
    If you could let me know what your crew or crews try and make a day would be helpful. Gross income. I'm trying to figure out how many cleints I need to make a living? I currently offer weekly mowing>residential @ commercial.
    tree trimming, bed maintenance, shrub trimming, snow removal, fertilizing, etc
    Any comments would be appreciated.

2. 94gt331

94gt331 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male

When I have 2 guys out mowing I like to make $550 gross for them 2. Mowing rates are pretty beat up around here. I'm happy making that. I know other lco's think they need to make double that I'm sure for mowing grass.

3. wz2p7j

wz2p7j LawnSite Member

That sounds about right for a couple guys with walk behind's and smaller riders doing residential and light commercial. If you can move up to larger properties and 60-72" riders you're probably looking at $1000/day or so. Graduate to wide area mowers and the sky is the limit.

We have a site we do in about half a day with two crews that grosses about $4500. But there's a 16' and 11' Jac involved and a fleet of 72" riders.

Chris

4. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

I gross anywhere from $400-$600 depending on the day by myself. Two guys and you should be close to$800 a day.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. mowerman41

mowerman41 LawnSite Senior Member

I average about $550 a day by myself, just bought a toro z500 to speed things up this year. So that number should improve!
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. FLC2000

FLC2000 LawnSite Bronze Member

How much do you guys net though?

7. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

I run about 300-400 by myself 6-7 hours a day. I figure about 550-700 with a helper 8-10 hour day.

8. wz2p7j

wz2p7j LawnSite Member

"Net" will be different for everyone as everyone has different fixed cost structures - office, lease, G&A, etc.

Chris

9. Guzzo856

Guzzo856 LawnSite Senior Member

$1,300 for a 4 man crew doing commercial

10. wz2p7j

wz2p7j LawnSite Member

4 guys - say, 10 hours a day - $35 per man hour bill rate = $1400

Your right in there and I made no allowance for road time.

Chris