Ground logic Venture price drop

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by lalorslawn, Mar 13, 2018.

1. lalorslawn

lalorslawn LawnSite Member

My dealer has just informed me of a large price drop on Venture z turn spreaders. Ground Logic has been purchased by Briggs. These sprayer spreaders have been dropped to about 7k. I have recently ordered a ZSpray from my local Site One dealer. I am considering cancelling that order and purchasing a GL unit. Any thoughts positive or negative.

2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

That's a nice price as that's what I paid for a Pathfinder two years ago.

3. buttaluv

buttaluv LawnSite Senior Member
    from MidWest

That's a damn good price.. shoot, what's a similar size z-spray, 11 grand?

4. Marine03112

Marine03112 LawnSite Bronze Member

Are they liquidating at that price to discontinue the line? Is this price throughout dealerships?

5. ghunter502

ghunter502 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

I don't know what is going on buyer beware. We had warranty work that needed done on my machine. We took it to the dealer in mid January Long story short they found an issue with the carb, some springs for the drive and a couple leaks. They had to order a new carb and some other parts so now they are now telling us it could be next friday before we get it back. I am not sure if I will ever buy another ground logic this is my 4th one. They are great machines so disappointed with how this is being handled.

Mr Efficiency likes this.
  6. lalorslawn

lalorslawn LawnSite Member

My thoughts as well. What support will be available. Ground logic has been purchased by Briggs. Rumor is it will be rebranded, possibly a Ferris model. The ZSpray overall is in my opinion a better machine, locking front casters, bigger motor, better valving, and hydraulic hopper. About 10k for comparable machine. Does 3k difference in price justify a step down.

7. mowchanic

mowchanic LawnSite Member

Briggs typically doesn't purchase lines to shut them down. Yes, there might be some consolidation. We are currently looking to add a stand on sprayer line to our store. Looking at PermaGreen LT Rich, and Ground Logic. My first impression is that GL offers models that would compete with PG and Lt Rich. Can someone help me out here? Please no attitudes.

8. Marine03112

Brother talk to https://www.lawnsite.com/members/rcreech.51749/ he is a dealer in Ohio for GL.

9. Marine03112

Ground logic is a solid machine. Way better than PG for sure.

10. Marine03112

https://www.lawnsite.com/members/rcreech.51749/