1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about enhanced efficiency fertilizers with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Grounds Guys Franchise

Discussion in 'Franchising' started by sharpcuts, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Charles ton cleveland

Charles ton cleveland LawnSite Member

I just got off the phone with them and decided to take a loom on Herr, what do you know, its a hot topic! I am considering it, however im not sold on selling out

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

What?

3. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

It must be a Cleveland thing. It sounds like it hurts though.

Mark Oomkes likes this.
  4. Charles ton cleveland

Charles ton cleveland LawnSite Member

Its an autocorrect thing

5. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

So, what were you trying to say? I can't seem to reverse engineer the autocorrect feature.

6. DeereScape

DeereScape LawnSite Member

We are an owner of a GG Franchise...my personal opinion is not to do it. Based on my experience...paying royalties for services that were promised and never delivered.

7. Drake0759

Drake0759 LawnSite Member

I'm flying to Waco in June to look at this franchise. Could you provide some pros and cons? Would you do it through a franchise again?

8. 7979

7979 LawnSite Member

Hi
    I went to Waco to look at GG Franchise which is owned by the Dwyer Group and they seemed to offer quite a lot of support and different discounts with machinery and trucks etc but of course want commission on every job and want to see your accounts every month.

The only thing I found about them was I was very interested in a certain territory and I came to look and spent a lot of money getting there and they knew that.

And they knew I had to get a Visa so the process would be slower but as soon as someone else came in with a interest for the same territory the Dollar was the only thing they were after and played me off against the other party so they would sign quicker.

There was no consideration or loyalty even though I had expressed and had been discussing these areas for several months and paid a lot of money to go to Waco.

Left a bad taste in my mouth.

9. CrimsonMaintenance

CrimsonMaintenance LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

They want a franchise fee and ongoing royalties. They bring no national accounts like US Lawn does and siphon money off your existing customers. They chased us for a couple years and finally quit when I ask "what are you gonna give me?"

10. texas_lawn

texas_lawn LawnSite Member

They've been around 8 or so years and don't even have national accounts. This franchise will siphon your money slowly all for great "systems" which honestly are nothing great or "secret." They take people who would eventually be successful anyways and help them get there faster, all while taking 10%. The majority they slowly bleed until they have no money and no options, and are forced to sell for far less than they paid and forced to go get a regular job. More qualified people on this site to get advice from then those they employ. They are essentially a collection company that knows a little about landscape. Go US lawns if you HAVE to franchise. They suck too but atleast have national accounts and charge you less money.