1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Grounds maitenence estimate help needed!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JS Landscaping, Mar 29, 2005.

1. JS Landscaping

JS Landscaping LawnSite Member

Hey guys, I need some help with an estimate. Got a call from a church in a local town who wants a price for the year for grounds maitenence. This would be cutting about 1 acre of grass with about 1000 feet of sidewalks that need to be edged, 1800 feet of trimming, Mid season shrub pruning of 30 bushes/shrubs fall and spring clean ups. I figured about 4800.00 for the year. Grass and leaves must be picked up and disposed of. Broken down it would be $125.00 a week cutting, edging, trimming and blowing. 800 for a fall clean up and 500 for a spring clean up. 300 for mid season shrub trimming. Does this sound reasonable? This is my first bid for a larger commercial account on a yearly basis. Any help or guidence would be greatly apreciated. Thanks :)

James
    JS LANDSCAPING

2. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

That would be just a little on the high side for my area but it is not unreasonable at all. 1800 ft. of trimming sounds like quite a bit; could you do any "chemical trimming" to eliminate some of that?

3. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

It sounds like a good bid, but only you will know. Make sure you don't piss of the BOSS, LOL!

I have often thought about bidding on churches such as you are now. I was thinking that if they came back to me and said the price was too high that I could discount the price and in return they could write me a receipt for a donation in the amount of the discount. For example if your church says "wow geez, we can only afford $3,800", then you could agree to $3800 and ask them to write you a receipt that you donated $1,000 (tax deduction). I'm not sure how it would work out in the end cause I haven't spent much time studying how this would effect my tax return, but maybe somebody on here would know.

4. JS Landscaping

JS Landscaping LawnSite Member

any one else?

5. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

6. Amco Landscaping

Amco Landscaping LawnSite Member

where in orange county are you I am in salisbury mills

7. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

James,

Sounds pretty good. The only question I have is approximately how many hours to prune the shrubs? Also $500.00 is gonna sound high to them for a spring clean-up. You might want to tell them that with that price you are including dethatching. Just my thoughts!

Jason