Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.
I have used it for years and liked it. There is something about it that I don't like though. Let's say that a customer still has the past month due while a new month is being billed... The new invoice shows the past month and the new month with the sum of both totals as the balance owed. This is fine for residentials... But HORRIBLE for commercial customers that have a sliding net scale. I often times have to go ahead and apply payments that have not been received yet to generate a correct bill for these people.
It's just a small glitch that I've learned to deal with.
Try the demo version... which is a complete program that only holds 5 customers. Use that and see how you like it after a few months.
Grounds Keeper has alot of drawbacks. Some pluses. I got it when I was just starting out because it was cheap.
1) easy customer input and tracking of invoices
2) you'll need some "ramp up" time to get used to the program (took me at least a month to figure out many things. (like how customer maintenance/customer inquiry and enter charges/print bills interface together)
3) easy input of charges and applying customer payments
4) I don't use it to keep track of expenses, better to use quickbooks
5) Good customer routing and scheduling. I use it to print customer routes and services needed for my workers (and me)
6) unfortunately there is no PAST scheduling functionality, so you can't go back and see where and what you've done. So, save your route sheets!
7) GREAT LOOKING BILLS! Get a laser printer and make pro looking bills
8) CRAPPY LOOKING EMAIL BILLING! Don't use the program email invoices. They look awful. I scan the printed bills, save it to PDF file and then email to customers. I send ALL my bills via email.
9) Doesn't interface with Quickbooks
10) SAVE YOUR DATA frequently, easy
11) Often I think GKP is in the office supplies business because I get TONS of solicits to buy their preprinted paper, envelopes, etc.
Good starter program, I'd love to try some others.
I use it, as with the other posts, it has flaws, but since it was designed solely for our field and the least expensive when I was shopping to get away from QB, I got it. I don't like that I can't integrate with Excel and wish I could filter more, some quirks with the scheduling, but they are workable and it keeps me on track with getting landscaping done. I like when I make a mistake, find my customer and delete or type over what needs to be fixed, I also like the estimates for our landscaping quotes. Pre-printed paper looks good and it is not expensive, also agree about the e-mail, I scan then e-mail.