1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Growth Surge in Membership

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by turfquip, Apr 19, 2000.

1. turfquip

turfquip LawnSite Senior Member

Spam and attacks removed<p>See the post below. <p>-Vladislav Davidzon<p><p>

2. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

I wonder what he said?

3. davidzon

davidzon Guest

These sorts of posts are inappropriate and off-topic. Please restraint yourself in the future against making such negative posts. <p>Turfquip -- Chuck and I have worked very hard to build this site, and continue to do so. I do apologize for missing your post, I do not regularly have time to read each post, and neither does he. However, at the same time I must let you know that while your offer is appreciated, I refuse to take part in such a thoughtless discussion the entire goal of which is to badmouth people who work very hard and deserve all the respect they can get. <p>Any further posts advertising or referring to the roundtable will be deleted as advertising and spam. You have been warned.<p><p>Sincerely,<p><br>Vladislav <br>---<br>Vladislav Davidzon &lt;davidzon@globalreaction.com&gt;<br>Systems Engineer & Partner<br>Global Reaction Network<br>

4. osc

osc LawnSite Senior Member

Being new to this forum and new to the Internet in general, I will consider myself to be a little ignorant. However, some of us who were trying to read this post may be alarmed at the censorship that goes on here. I suppose it would make more sense to me if I had the opportunity to read what was posted. At this point I'll have to trust the administrator but it is obvious that this medium is not as free as I thought.

5. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I don't know what was posted, but I know what is about.<br>

6. hall

hall Guest

OSC.. this is as free as it gets. I have never asked a forum member to contribute a single dime.<p>The topic was way off base and had nothing to do with commercial lawn care.<p>

7. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

I applaud davidzon for staying out of the so-called roundtable, reminds me of the steel cage death matches on WWF.<p>Maybe his integrity is one reason why Lawnsite is far and away the most successful lawn forum.<p>Bill

8. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I agree, this site is great and if the administrators let the users have free reign and post any topic they please no one will spend time here. I don't feel it to be censorship at all just looking out for the good of the group. Thanks.

9. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

actually, the &quot;right to free speech&quot; does not apply to private &quot;forums&quot; (and I don't mean specifically internet forum). the owner of any private &quot;forum&quot; IE, newspaper, radio whatever, has the right to &quot;edit&quot; it's content as the owner sees fit.<p>for those that want to exercise the right to free speech, you may aquire the &quot;forum&quot; of your choice (letter, telephone, your own computer forum, stand on the court house steps, whatever) and bellow from the gut all that you'd like others to hear. now thats &quot;free speech&quot;.<p>good day to all.<p>GEO

10. DTM65

DTM65 LawnSite Member

The title for this forum states:<p>&quot;This forum is a place to discuss the commercial aspect of the business. Please keep discussions related to commercial lawn care.&quot;<p>If someone choses to place a post on this forum unrelated to the above &quot;mission&quot;, I believe the admin has a right to delete it, if it is not related to the mission.<p>It is amazing the number of adolescent replies to posts...I think users should keep in mind the idea respecting other people, even it they think it is a &quot;stupid&quot; question.<p>----------<br>D. Tom<br>