Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is 6.00 per app for mach 2 too much for residential applications??
i charge 3.00 per 1000 for fertilizer but am unsure how much to mark up for mach 2. the mach 2 is a lot more expensive so i dont know what would be a good structure

PLEASE ADVISE!

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
from what your saying. Your making $45 on a 15,000 bag of fert. Or $36 on a 12,000 bag. You can make 3 or 4 times that.

Taking your sqft bag of fert, your cost and formula for the profit. Do the same for the grub control.

Say the 15,000 bag of fert cost you $10. You made $35 on the bag, nothing to say about time to apply and other periferal costs.

Do the math for your grub control. Cost of bag, sqft rate of coverage per bag

Do raise your prices

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Originally posted by GLAN
from what your saying. Your making $45 on a 15,000 bag of fert. Or $36 on a 12,000 bag. You can make 3 or 4 times that.

Taking your sqft bag of fert, your cost and formula for the profit. Do the same for the grub control.

Say the 15,000 bag of fert cost you $10. You made $35 on the bag, nothing to say about time to apply and other periferal costs.

Do the math for your grub control. Cost of bag, sqft rate of coverage per bag

Do raise your prices
Not in my market!!! Big Green treats lawns for less than $2.00 per thousand. I charge $4.00 per k for fert and $8.00 per k for grub control. I offer a premium program as compared to Big Green. Most of my customers are Big Green converts.

·
Registered
13,488 Posts
What type of grub control IS that for 8.00 per M? Is that Merit, or something like Mach 2 or Dialox? I wish WE were getting that much for fert. up HERE!

·
Registered
13,488 Posts
See, we're not even CLOSE to that, here. From ANY company, especially the big green ones.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
$8.00 per k for Merit or Mach 2 + fert. as a preventative app. or Dylox as a curative app. I am selling more preventive apps. every year because these preventatives work so well. Once a person has experienced grub damage preventative apps. are an easy sell.

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Lawn apps. is the biggest money maker in this business.

I get on average $10 per thousand for just Fert. I am actualy applying just short for the reason I do 5 apps.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Lawn apps. is the biggest money maker in this business.

I get on average $10 per thousand for just Fert. I am actualy applying just short for the reason I do 5 apps.
Well God bless you, if your are turning out those kind of numbers!!! I would be home with ZERO business at those fert. rates!!!

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Originally posted by EJK2352
Well God bless you, if your are turning out those kind of numbers!!! I would be home with ZERO business at those fert. rates!!!
LOL

Ok, that $10 per thousand is our minimum, pardon me for not explaining further. larger the lawn area per customer the price lowers. Also where I am is the highest property tax rate in the country. And the highest paid county police. Pricing for anything is all relevent to the location.

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Originally posted by Scraper
I thought Suffolk County had the highest paid police. Has that changed?
I think it did. Our ex County Exec. Gave them a pay rate increase for votes but then realized he had no chance of winning after he sunk the county into severe debt.

Well if you take both counties they are #'s 1 and 2 for highest paid. Nassau on average are 6 figures

·
Registered
403 Posts
I charge 6.00 per K for grub control. This was my first year for Merit. That is the reason for the increase.

I have asked several people of the difference of preventative and curative applications. If they both eliminate the grubs what is the difference?????.

If you know there grubs in a lawn is better to use Merit or Dylox???

I really could not get 8 or even 12 dollars in my area.

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Originally posted by greenngrow
I charge 6.00 per K for grub control. This was my first year for Merit. That is the reason for the increase.

I have asked several people of the difference of preventative and curative applications. If they both eliminate the grubs what is the difference?????.

If you know there grubs in a lawn is better to use Merit or Dylox???

I really could not get 8 or even 12 dollars in my area.
OK, not to burst your bubble. Your not licensed for pesticides

The rate of application is different for preventive or curative.
Merit is a preventive product. It's window of effectiveness is months. Dylox is both a preventive and curative. Application target date is at the time just prior or when damage has occured.

·
Registered
170 Posts
pricing

first 3000 sq. ft. $35.00 no matter what is applied step 1 through 4. Above 3000 sq ft - $3.00 per 1000 sq ft.

Grub control no matter what product 1.5 times the above application cost. You must remember if your grub control doesn't work - your eating the the seed and labor to fix the damage. Sell grub control to your customers as an insurance policy against damage.

Example 3000 sq ft lawn I charge them $35.00 for regular visit. Now If I order my grub control product w/ fertlizer mixed in I can charge them $35.00 for fert and spot treat weeds w/ handcan and apply the grub control for $52.50 and only pass the lawn once w/ the spreader.

Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
108 Posts
OK, not to burst your bubble. Your not licensed for pesticides

The rate of application is different for preventive or curative.
Merit is a preventive product. It's window of effectiveness is months. Dylox is both a preventive and curative. Application target date is at the time just prior or when damage has occured.
I wouldn't personally sell dylox as a preventer. The residual is very short. It's an excellent quick-killing curative, however.....

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Originally posted by ChickensDoo
I wouldn't personally sell dylox as a preventer. The residual is very short. It's an excellent quick-killing curative, however.....
True

But you can apply at the labels lower rate (preventive) and have adequate results, provided the threshold number of grubs is minimal.

We used to use Dylox. Never need to apply at the full rate. Unless it was a new customer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.