Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Pelican, Sep 14, 2002.

  1. Pelican

    Pelican LawnSite Member
    Messages: 164

    I was out on an estimate yesterday, a municipal job with several bidders, all of us were present for a walk through. One request is to "clear and grub" a couple side hills that are overgrown with brush. I understand the "clear" part, but "grubbing" is a term I'm unfamiliar with. Not wanting to appear ignorant before my competitors, I didn't ask. Can anyone offer an explanation? Thanks!
  2. kris

    kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere
    Messages: 1,578

    There must be stumps, shrubs, trees or whatever that need to be cleared ... grubbing means to get rid of the roots etc.
    Hope this helps.
  3. crawdad

    crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,938

    Thats the way I take it, too. Rough job. A pick with a flat side is sometimes called a grubbing hoe.

Share This Page