• How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
    We are looking for feedback from our membership to see how/what the weather has been like in your area. Please Click here to take our Winter Weather Survey, we would appreciate it.

Gs45

jlewis

LawnSite Member
Still not sure what happened. Went to a used equipment sale at the local dealer. I was after a POS MTD / Sears etc for my son and I to play with - he is 5. The wife was with me and she asked why I was looking at that crap. I told her and her reply was "No way, last summer we bought him a JD gator toy and he is not getting a mower even if it is $100.00. I thought we were here to get you something." Now, I may be dumb, but even I caught that. Ever since I started on this site I have wanted a WB. Currently I am only cutting my 1 acre, but with trees, flower beds, decks, pool, hills the current rider is too cumbersome. I saw a nice clean GS45 w/ a tri cycle deck. The short ending of the story is it is now in my backyard! The cut is great. I need a lot of practice with it, but I should be able to get a very nice cut and stripes by season's end!

Anybody use the seat offered by JungleJim? I am 6'5" and really need about 4" of handle lenght. I tried a sitting sulkie at the dealer (stealer?) and it was nice but he wanted $750.00 for it.

Joe

CRM Lawncare

LawnSite Member
I also use a GS45 commercially, good mower just not very many aftermarket accessories available for it. I use a two wheel sulky that a guy on ebay manf's and sells. It was about $170.00 shipped and has grease fittings etc. It bolted right up to the factory holes and I have been very happy with it. I tried one of the sitting sulkys but always had the sensation I was about to fall off of it. Good luck with the new mower.

Here is the sulky i purchased.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50377&item=2394428027&rd=1

OP
J

jlewis

LawnSite Member
Never thought about falling off!

I never would have gone out w/ the intention of buying green and yellow. I had toyed w/ Exmark WB for a while now. Glad to hear you are happy w/ it. JD products are everywhere around here. You dont see many LCO w/ red untill you get down in MD.

I think I am going to walk w/ it for a while. The controls are a bit different than my snowblower so the hand controls will take some getting used to. I thought no prob, use them on the snowblower, how hard can this be? Stalled her twice yesterday in 10 minutes, thats how hard.

It is overkill, but I average $45 an hr in home improvement. Less time cutting means more time billing out or spending w/ the little heads and the wife.

Joe