Gutter Cleaning

clayslandscape

LawnSite Senior Member
I have heard in the past that you should charge $1 per linear foot in gutter cleaning. Does this sound right or what are your rates?

I just did a house that was absolutely horrible, full of paint chips and leaves from 4 years. That house was a total of 108 lin. ft.

OP
C

clayslandscape

LawnSite Senior Member
Depends on if it was a 1st or 2nd story house. If they were really full a dollar a foot sounds about right. If I could walk on the roof with a blower and just blow them out a little less than a dollar a foot. Like 75 cents.
It was about 25 ft up in the rear. No way you can walk on the roof and blow it.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
C

clayslandscape

LawnSite Senior Member
Sounds about right. Some guys go up to $2/ft for 2nd story stuff. Just depends on what your expenses are and how badly you need the work. I only offer gutter cleaning to existing lawn customers so I do it when I'm there for the lawn also.
My over head for gutter cleaning is nothing except for my time.

I am very slow right now anyways so I am more than happy to do jobs such as that.

ReddensLawnCare

LawnSite Bronze Member
Check into a product for gutters called cherry bomb. I know you are talking mostly about cleaning out the gutters, but this product is simply amazing for getting the mildew off of gutters as well. You can charge a pretty penny for it as well because, the average customer doesnt know about it, and many have decided that it is impossible to remove because they have tried a pressure washer and bleach already. I dont know where you can get it, or how much it costs, because an old boss of mine would supply me with it to go out and clean gutters when I used to pressure wash houses. It doesnt take pressure, you just have to be able to brush it on, and rinse it off, and whatever else it may get on