Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
we do gutter cleaning at a min. of $1.00 per foot.( more if roof is very steep or gutters are very dirty) first we clean out all the twigs and leaves. then we dig out any asphalt or other dirt. then we rinse them all out , make sure all downspouts are flowing, and then wipe them down with a mild detergent on the outside. then get paid big time. very nasty job!!! hate doing it. We have been giving alot of bus. to Gutterhelmet and Guttergraud. they give us a pretty nice finders fee. there products are a little pricy , but by the time a customer pays me 3-4 times they could have paid for them.:cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Banned
787 Posts
I think you need to lay low for awhile until the dust settles.

(Ya know, members do look around on the other forums.)

or, better idea, why dont you hook up with ultimate? maybe he could give you some pointers.

Just an idea.;)

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
We offer it as a service. Most requests come in the fall and spring. We clean out the gutters by hand or blower, then squirt out all the downspouts. I charge by the man-hour.

This is mostly a supplemental service.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Most of the time I include gutter cleaning as part of seasonal cleanup, along with cleaning debris off roof.
Be sure to do a good complete job, similar to what Dr. Mow's methods are.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Originally posted by mower_babe
I think you need to lay low for awhile until the dust settles.

(Ya know, members do look around on the other forums.)

or, better idea, why dont you hook up with ultimate? maybe he could give you some pointers.

Just an idea.;)
Hang on, I got to pick myself up off the floor................

Dang girl, you're a woman after my own heart aren't you...I am taken and so are you,(Parkwest keeps trying) But you go girl........:D

I was going to add... you need a license and insurance to provide this....

Well business license......

OK ok ok $40 minimum to climb on a roof and clean out gutters.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
guys will you honestly grow up? Ive moved on from that, plus the ladie talked to me and I wasnt even eligable to get busted because I havent even done any applications, I get certified next week, instead she just met with me to give me materials and get me going.

wow...

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Originally posted by Hometown Lawn Care
guys will you honestly grow up? Ive moved on from that, plus the ladie talked to me and I wasnt even eligable to get busted because I havent even done any applications,
:p That's rich! 17 year old wanting us to grow up!:p
What you mean is YOU want to move on from that. You're the one that opened the door and walked into that pile of manure waist deep. Mower_babe offered some very valid advice, did you even listen? Plus your credibility won't buy a 2 cent piece of gum.
Like a bruise, it'll take a while to heal. You've got to take some ribbing about your earlier post, learn from it and quit trying to defend an indefensible point.

This is my favorite, "wasn't eligible to get busted", well DUH!
You've got some good responses for gutter cleaning, (and how appropriate)put it to use.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I use my habds to get the debris out, then hose it all out!:blob4:

·
Registered
109 Posts
also, once we do a complete cleaning; usually twice a year, every other week we will blow them out with our gutter attachments from the ground. If it is a property we maintain weekly.:)

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Originally posted by Rustic Goat
Mickhippy, please, you've got to give us the story on that. Not one of those lovely snakes in the gutter was it?
Ya beat me to it...LMAO

I am pretty sure you have to be 18 to be licensed (Hamons you want to check on that) I am thinking you might be ling again, unless you are turning 18 next week.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Originally posted by LAWNGODFATHER
Ya beat me to it...LMAO

I am pretty sure you have to be 18 to be licensed (Hamons you want to check on that) I am thinking you might be ling again, unless you are turning 18 next week.
Ok, sorry guys!

Was on the roof of a house that is on the side of a hill (pole home). The high side was maybe 5 stories or more above the ground. There I was making my way down the Color bond (painted tin) roof with blower in one hand and bucket in the other. The roof was pretty old and it had started to oxidize.(powdery coating) It was still morning and a little damp. Anyway, I feel myself starting to slide slowly, then faster. I didn't have anything to get hold of except the screws in the tin but they were to small to get a grip on. I can tell you, I sh1t myself. The only thing that stopped me was that I was able to get my heel into the gutter. If that broke away, I wouldn't be writing this! More than 5 stories straight down.

Haven't been on another roof since then, NO Way!

I once fell off a 3 meter high balcony. Landed flat on my back, fractured 4 vertebra, broke wrist and had internal bleeding for a week. It was no fun trying to do edges with a line trimmer like that. Put my business back 2 years. Needless to say, I have a problem with heights now. My 7 year old laughs at me for not going on the Ferris wheel at the show. Seriously:dizzy:

Hope you can make sense of all that!

ps...... No snakes. Just deadly spiders:eek:

·
Registered
26 Posts
B-4 taking on the task of gutter cleaning ask yourself what it's really worth? Two years ago I had an accident (ladder slipped ) I fell 30' onto the concrete driveway I broke my neck in 5 places it still bothers me (pain and stiffness) we will do ranch type homes :rolleyes: (single story) I also have my life insurance and a policy to cover my salery in the event I get injured. Please be carefull !!! :waving:

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
When you do single story homes, do you still get up on the ladder and do it? I have thought of doing gutters, but just for single story houses and only blowing them out. I don't do ladders, but I get a lot of questions and requests for this. I would consider doing it with a blower attachment, but that's all.

:confused:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.