• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Guy on Dayton, OH CL advertising 30 cuts for $299.

wingetlawncare

LawnSite Member
I really think there will be alot of upset people in that area. my bet is he will get paid in advance and never show for the first cut.

If he is trying to run a legal operation he can only make about $5 and hour after expenses, If he even makes that.

Acres

LawnSite Member
If he is trying to run a legal operation he can only make about $5 and hour after expenses, If he even makes that.

Unless there smaller lawns and/or he's claiming a loss this year, 10 dollars is strange though. I mow my brothers lawn for 15$ and it takes me about 13-15 minutes. On pace for 60 an hour.

wingetlawncare

LawnSite Member
I mow my brothers lawn for 15$ and it takes me about 13-15 minutes.
I agree that some lawns are ok at a lower price. I have 2 ladies that are sisters, neighbors, and both have very small yards. I cut theirs for $10 a piece, and these 2 yards take a total of 20 minutes.

With this guy advertising at $10 bucks a cut hes gonna have everyone with a big lawn calling and wanting service.

The trouble with his advertising that price is the public is gullible enough to believe it's legitimate.

What's "CL" that you mention?

wingetlawncare

LawnSite Member
The trouble with his advertising that price is the public is gullible enough to believe it's legitimate.

What's "CL" that you mention?
Yes people are very gullible. He was referring to an ad posted on craigslist.org

wingetlawncare

LawnSite Member