• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Guys my phone is not ringing!!

TheKingNJ

LawnSite Senior Member
This year I was planning on going full time but I don't think I have the accounts. I have an ad in our local newspaper, put pull-tab flyers in a lot of stores, handed out a ton of business cards and mailed out a few flyers. NOT ONE NEW ACCOUNT. I've gotten several calls for hardscape jobs(which i don't do yet) and like 2 calls from houses out of my range but i'm not getting anything.

Is it still early? Should I plan on keeping my day job? What is a good way to rack up some quick accounts? I'm in some trouble!!

tiedeman

LawnSite Fanatic
start to go door to door of the commerical accounts
try some door hangers
referral discounts to current customers for more customers

kdmaint

LawnSite Member
Dont feel bad king same problem over here but we still are getting snow flurries off and on dont worry all hell will break lose as soon as the weather does I feel its still early even though the guy down the street has started his cleanups one nice week of weather and ever body jumps just be calm the work is out thier.

OP
TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ

LawnSite Senior Member
yeah i guess it's still a little early I have an add in the paper and it runs out at the end of march, i was wondering if i sould bother to renew it because it has been so worth less to me and it cost me almost 300 bucks for 5 weeks.

tiedeman

LawnSite Fanatic
have to agree with mtd, never been a big fan of newspaper ads. Brainstorm ideas, even the most crazy idea for getting customers could be the best one.