Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mrkosar, Feb 11, 2008.

  1. mrkosar

    mrkosar LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio
    Messages: 680

    For those that know how the process works can you share? Do you just submit the I-129 form, get cleared, then find a worker? Or find worker, then send in form? Or what?

    I know it is really tough to get into this program, but for those have any experience I would love to hear your opinions or suggestions.
  2. ted putnam

    ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member
    Messages: 4,797

    I just thought I'd let you know. You may have trouble getting workers through this program. I subscribe to Landscape Management Magazine and they had an article about this subject. I didn't go over it real well because I don't use them but...something about Congress not passing legislation for additional work visas. You may want to look into it a little more...
  3. Trader Rick

    Trader Rick LawnSite Member
    Messages: 50

    I have wondered about the process as well. What I do know from the news and diff. periodicals is that the all of the Visas are gone for the 2008 season. In order to get workers for a particular season you are going to have to submit paper work 8 to 10 months in advance to clear all of the red tape in order to get in before all of them are given out. If I remember right only 33,000 of the H2B Visas were given out this year. Sounds like a lot until you take in to account these workers go to every state in the nation, and not just to the Landscape industry. We have been blessed with good workers for the most part over the last 12 - 13 years but each season it seams to get harder to get good help.

Share This Page