Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by heygrassman, Mar 22, 2002.


Curious about the use of H2B Labor

  1. We currently use H2B Labor

    1 vote(s)
  2. We will use H2B Labor

    3 vote(s)
  3. We will NOT use H2B Labor

    3 vote(s)
  1. heygrassman

    heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 509

    I am curious how many of us are using or will be using H2B labor..
  2. LawnLad

    LawnLad LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 738

    Looking into it now. Don't need to have the guys for this spring or year, but have some people that would work later this year if I had it in place.

    Considering using MARA - Mid Atlantic Resources Association to do the paperwork. Anyone had any dealings with them? Their total cost with expedited IRS filing fees is about $3,000.

    What I'm trying to figure out is when the employees have to leave the country - and what the definition of leaving the country is and for how long. My understanding is that they can be in the US for 10 months on the H2-B program. I've heard of some immigaration deals (H1-A or others) where the employee can go to Canada to their foreign consulate and get their visa stamped there and then return to the US. Particularly important if you hire from over the pond since transportation costs may be prohibitive. We're looking at using labor from S. Africa as well as eastern Euorpean countries. This way we find English speaking workers and our cultures are a little more alike than some of Hispanic cultures.
  3. No one here uses it that I know of.

    I will have them in place for next season.

    LawnLad email me the info on that please.

  4. LawnLad

    LawnLad LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 738

    I'm sure they're others than just these... but here is a start.

    MidAtlantic Resources Association
    Tel: 434.277.5800

    Amanda Wright
    Assistant General Manager


    Mid America Ag & Hort Services, Inc.
    Tel: 614.677.4530


    Amigo's Labor Solutions
    Tel: 214.526.5665.

Share This Page