Hack job mowing LCO, LLC

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenscapeCT, May 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreenscapeCT

GreenscapeCT LawnSite Member

2. flybynite

flybynite LawnSite Bronze Member

I read an article just the other day where a guy on a motorcycle going down the road ran over cut grass laying on the road wrecked his motorcycle and put himself in the hospital. All while the person blowing the grass on the road watched! Personally I considerate littering and I have stopped and let people know, that we're doing it.

Cam15, zlandman, K c m and 1 other person like this.
  3. Jasburrito

Jasburrito LawnSite Member

I once mentioned other contractors were hacks in another thread. And suggested i do a better job. Got a stern warning. Be careful. Keep your head on a swivel. Watch your tires. Might be best to remove post. Good luck.

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  4. flybynite

flybynite LawnSite Bronze Member

A hack is a hack. If they can't take it, tough luck!

5. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

that's pretty common around here. mostly homeowners or the city workers do it but some LCO's do it too. :laugh:

Cam15 and TrainingWheels like this.
  6. Matthews Lawn Care

Matthews Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah, your context in the thread wasn’t the same as this one was it? Nope, you were practically insulting potential customers and calling their current contractor a hack to try and drum up biz. As far as your tires and that whole b.s. of you thinking it was a threat, get a grip man. In no way shape or form would I threaten you or anyone else on an online forum. That’s ridiculous. I was trying to educate you a little on the fact that your technique for getting clients could result in unfortunate consequences cuz some guys are just that way. I personally know of that situation happening to a guy in town. He was running behind another guy in town and giving bids for $10 less and calling him a hack to his clients. Yeah, all his tires got cut. I had no part in any of that, just heard about it. Oh and the guy that was underbidding and calling that guy a hack isn’t in biz anymore. Just something to be aware of, don’t be silly.

7. OP
    OP
    GreenscapeCT

Thanks you for your concern.

Note, I did NOT mention who did the work, in my photos. It was not the home owner.

Cam15 likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    GreenscapeCT

Grass clippings can become a hazard to driving (especially a motorcycle in a corner) when wet and thick.

It’s like driving on ice.

paulsgrass, Ridin' Green and dieselss like this.
  9. OP
    OP
    GreenscapeCT

The home owner specifically requested no string-trim & no blowing. Wanted lowest price.

The grass was over 8” high when it was cut.

Zillow says the home is worth about $650K.

Cheap owner.

The town has issued a warning to the home owner. You are not allowed to leave your stuff on the towns streets.

10. dieselss

dieselss LawnSite Silver Member
    from NWI....

Dont even compare your thread to this one....as said it wasnt even close.

Mow-Daddy.com, Cam15 and Mark Oomkes like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.