Lawn Care Forum banner
761 - 780 of 4,156 Posts
One of my guys did a repair the other day to the drip line, and some corrugated pipe from the down spouts that was damaged by a bear. The corrugated emptied out in a native area right by the drip pipe at near some trees. I've also done lighting repairs due to bear damage.

Sometimes the customer is the hack. I had a small install where a narrow side yard was going to work with a fairly pedestrian triangular head spacing. But then, it happened that a pile of rocks was in the way, and I had no intention to move the pile so I could install heads and pipe. The homeowner never moved them, as promised, so I wound up doing a clumsy layout of side-strip heads, that still got it done, but I was kind of ticked, and managed to part ways with the client.

Close to a decade later, the rocks still haven't budged an inch. :)

It covered. I got paid. The clients did a few more things that convinced me that two more big rocks were atop their shoulders. Glad I'm out of there. Even with time and material, there's only so much stupid you can tolerate.

My all time favorite was the job that we had where the install contractor used 3 conductor #12 romex for the control cable. They ran a romex cable from the controller to each valve...... then they tried to connect 24 romex cables directly to the controller terminal strip. It was a mess. The cables were just wire nutted to the valves. The property owner was too cheap to fix it.... of course he was too cheap not to hire the low bidder to install the project so that's why he got what he had!

761 - 780 of 4,156 Posts