Hamton Inn Quote.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mad_wrestler, Feb 7, 2006.

  1. mad_wrestler

    mad_wrestler LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 339

    I have a question about going from Residential to Commercial. It seems that the pricing increases considerably when going to Commercial. I am looking at a quote for a Hampton Inn that is getting built. I have the measurements and such and know what types of trees, grass , shrubs, plants and bushes I will be using. However, I need to know what the difference in pricing between Residential and Commercial is.
  2. rodfather

    rodfather LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 9,501

    IMO, you have it backwards. Comparatively, commercial is less than 1/2 of residential for similar size props.
  3. PROCUT1

    PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN
    Messages: 4,891

    I agree with rod.....Take your residential price if you have a clue, then cut that in half.
  4. befnme

    befnme LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,413

    i dont entirely agree with that. i have residentials that i do for 40 or 45 and the same size prop for commercial is 85 to 95......
  5. rodfather

    rodfather LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 9,501

    Well, you just know something the rest of us just don't...god bless ya. BTW, how many residential props go out to bid?
  6. mad_wrestler

    mad_wrestler LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 339

    Thanks for the quick response. So, continue with what I normally do and cut it in half. Ok I will do that and get back with you on the numbers. Also, when doing this, are sprinklers a given or do ya'll usually suggest them? Once again thanks.
  7. promower

    promower LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,233

    For every 10 commercial bids I do, I might get one and it always comes down to price. Hourly wage for commercial is usually considerably less. One thing I take into consideration is if the property is big enough I can work for less because I am cutting down drive time in between jobs. Be prepared to be under bid often, and at ridiculuosly low prices, it's cut throat out there.
  8. mad_wrestler

    mad_wrestler LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 339

    And this is a new construction. Along with a Holiday Inn in two months and two more in September and October.
  9. Piscitelli Landscape

    Piscitelli Landscape LawnSite Member
    Messages: 51

    90 percent of the time big commercial pplaces are lookin to save money and cut corners on stuff they can like landscape. Hampton in falls in this catagory. there are some commercial places they will go all out, this is the other 10 percent. but the posts of cutting your residential prices in half are exagerated but defintly going down the right path. residential will get you more money most of the time. when we do commericial like KFC, Rite aid ,ex. we try to get a few of them in our area to get one big check each month.
  10. Collin

    Collin LawnSite Member
    Messages: 37

    I dont beleive that cutting your costs in half is the correct thing to do. That means your profits are alot lower also. I not going to lower my price where I dont make the profit I want. If I dont get the profit I want I just wont do it. Just because someone will do it less than me I am not going to low ball it and not make a profit. Stick to your guns and try to get close to what you want. If those companies are only going to care about price and not the person you dont want to work for them either. Just my thoughts.

Share This Page