1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

hand held blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bluridge, Apr 27, 2009.

1. bluridge

bluridge LawnSite Member

I am looking for a hand held blower. I have checked out the Stihl hand held blowers, gas powered. I want this because its easier to do small driveways and walk ways which are almost all residentals. Job looks neat if I can quickly start up a blower and do a 3 minute job. What model of hand held blowers have you used and recommend? I know large outfit probably uses back blowers and I saw my neighbor's yard get cut by an LCO and they had three guys working, one cutting with a ride behind, one using a trimmer and one a back blower and the backblower looked out of place for a such powerful and cumbersone equipment. The blower only ran for 30 sec if not one minute.

I want the hand held blower gas. What brand and model? An entry level level commercial is best if there is ever a thing.

I can look at echo/stihl/husky or any other brand. Let me know what are your experiences and what you would buy.

2. 4.3mudder

4.3mudder LawnSite Silver Member

I have had the BG85, I know have a BG65 I use mainly for under shrubs. Great little blower, nothing compared to a backpack, but for what I use it for it is fine. I used to use the BG85 when I first started out. 2 pulls it was going, best piece of equipment. But, I did a swap and some cash for the other because I got myself a backpack.

3. Loadsmasher

Loadsmasher LawnSite Member

I buy all Redmax except for chainsaws, which are Stihl.