Hand-Held Blowers?

Mowman

LawnSite Senior Member
Looking for a new blower to add to my equipment. I have a Stihl BG75 and it works fine, except for moving alot of leaves. I tried out a Stihl BR 320 and was not impressed at all. It belonged to one of my customers and he let me try it out. I didn't feel like I had much control of it. I didn't think it moved any more material than my hand-held.
Are there any hand-held blowers out there that have high mph & cfm's. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Mowman

geogunn

LawnSite Silver Member
try the br-400. you should be slightly more impressed. others swear by the big shindawa and redmax but I've not tried them.

if you're stuck on a hand held blower, why don't you try the big homeowners crapsman blower at sears.

GEO

Cutter1

LawnSite Bronze Member
I have 2 Shindaiwa 240's. They have run very good for me. I like the size for summer time cutting, less space taken up on the trailer and easier to get in and out of the truck. I also have 2 backpacks, you can't beat the power, if you don't want to buy more than one, I would probably go with a backpack for year round use.

bob

LawnSite Platinum Member
As far as handheld blowers go, you've about maxed-out at the Stihl. To get any more power you'll have to move up to a backpack blower. I have a Shindaiwa eb630 and a Redmax eb6200. Their both awsome!

mdb landscaping

LawnSite Silver Member
definately give the stihl br400 a try. i bought this backpack and love it. it is extremely powerful and in my mind is the best back pack out there.

CCLC

LawnSite Senior Member
As far as hand blowers go you won't get much more than what you have. I am partial to stihl just because of their reliability. I have never had problems with them. I do have a stihl bg75 and br320. When we need the capability of of the br400 we get the 8hp Little Wonder out.