Handheld blowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by BigJlittleC, May 22, 2020 at 10:14 PM.

1. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Fanatic
    from Chicago

What's the cream of the crop in terms of handheld blowers.

What are people using?

It's time to retire my 10 year old echo.

Cam15 likes this.
  2. Andrew H

Andrew H LawnSite Gold Member

I've got a redmax hand held and 3-4 backpacks, the handheld is nice for quickie

Cam15 likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Fanatic
    from Chicago

Yes, this is for quick sidewalk blow jobs on weekly accounts. Only time I really need a back pack is during clean ups. Current blower is 10 years old and is just tired.

Cam15 likes this.
  4. mstrat

mstrat LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

For a quick blow-n-go I like my Stihl. That said, blowers don't tend to take that much abuse, so most should be alright!

Cam15 likes this.
  5. CGros31

CGros31 LawnSite Bronze Member

I love my Echo PB-2520. It has plenty of power for blowing off sidewalks and driveways.

Cam15 and hort101 like this.
  6. Valk

Valk LawnSite Gold Member

Maruyama's HH blower shares the same 30cc 'hoss' engine w/ cruise control that's in my trimmer. I've had this blower for at least 10 years and it's an easy start every time.

My issue w/ a HH blower is how they don't reach out far enough to adequately blow out debris from under a car in the driveway or street, nor can they scour all that well. Otherwise, they can be a great tool for particularly easy jobs. Yep, you're aware of this, so this note is for anyone new that might be reading this.

hort101 likes this.
  7. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

Maruyama is good but what I would go with is the Echo PB-2620. For the price and reliability I don't think the Echo can be beat.

hort101 likes this.
  8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I highly recommend this Makita battery. It can be kept inside truck. The Stihl gas blower is good but starting is goofy. you have to prime it and put on choke and hold it down when you pull recoil

Screenshot_20200523-122334.png

New Stihl just sits...

KIMG2449.JPG

9. hort101

hort101 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S.E. New England

Bumpmaster and fritowrdo like this.
  10. Ronniecoleman

Ronniecoleman LawnSite Member

I have used a greenworks battery blower for the last three years. Have not picked up a gas hand blower in that time.

windflower likes this.