Happy New Year to me!

Todd73

LawnSite Silver Member
Just unloaded my worse lawn/customer. No more push mowing a back yard in the Florida summer that has, on average, 30 piles of dog crap from four dogs and holes all over that I’ve twisted my ankle in twice, since the dogs are diggers. Have despised that lawn for months, and now, to use a gamer term, she appears to have rage quit.

Emailed her tonight and simply told her I haven’t received her 2018 Customer Agreement and Charge Authorization. I also pointed out since she’s canceled the last three times I was scheduled, that when I drove by today her lawn appeared to be very overgrown since it hadn’t been mowed in 8 weeks and that there was a possiblity there would be an extra cost for the time needed to get get it back to maintenance levels.

She goes off saying she sent the forms the same day she received them (nope), I should have notified her I never got the forms (Umm, that’s what I was doing), she paid me even though she canceled (I never billed her), her lawn is no more overgrown than her neighbors (so that makes her lawn not overgrown?) and that she’s going to now make the landlord pick who he wants and pay for the lawn service since he said he got multiple quotes for $5O a month and it is his responsibility anyway. Keep in mind this was a woman who called me last year after two LCO’s just stopped showing up in the same year. I think I may know why! Simply wished her the best of luck and hit send. Hope she wasn’t hoping for a more heartfelt response begging her to stay.

Off to have a Scotch to celebrate!

jimSo14

Banned
Just unloaded my worse lawn/customer. No more push mowing a back yard in the Florida summer that has, on average, 30 piles of dog crap from four dogs and holes all over that I’ve twisted my ankle in twice, since the dogs are diggers. Have despised that lawn for months, and now, to use a gamer term, she appears to have rage quit.

Emailed her tonight and simply told her I haven’t received her 2018 Customer Agreement and Charge Authorization. I also pointed out since she’s canceled the last three times I was scheduled, that when I drove by today her lawn appeared to be very overgrown since it hadn’t been mowed in 8 weeks and that there was a possiblity there would be an extra cost for the time needed to get get it back to maintenance levels.

She goes off saying she sent the forms the same day she received them (nope), I should have notified her I never got the forms (Umm, that’s what I was doing), she paid me even though she canceled (I never billed her), her lawn is no more overgrown than her neighbors (so that makes her lawn not overgrown?) and that she’s going to now make the landlord pick who he wants and pay for the lawn service since he said he got multiple quotes for $5O a month and it is his responsibility anyway. Keep in mind this was a woman who called me last year after two LCO’s just stopped showing up in the same year. I think I may know why! Simply wished her the best of luck and hit send. Hope she wasn’t hoping for a more heartfelt response begging her to stay.

Off to have a Scotch to celebrate!
Don't you love these kind of customers.... they want to nickel and dime you then ....ignore your warnings that you may quit them ... then cry when you do... peace of mind sometimes is "priceless " !

OP
Todd73

Todd73

LawnSite Silver Member
She sent me another email telling me not to take it wrong, I offer great service, she just feels her landlord should be paying. Then goes on how he’s cheap and she’s not going to be renewing her lease and moving, yada, yada, yada.

Uh huh. I have a feeling the landlord is going to be a happy guy in the spring when she moves out.

greendoctor

LawnSite Fanatic
One of my signs not to take on a yard is when dogs are left out alone in a back yard all day long. The fact that they are digging indicates they are bored out of their minds. I am guessing this is some kind of working breed type dog. Unless those dogs have a job to do every day, they will chew on everything and dig up the yard. If there is dog #2 all over the yard, that means they never get walked every day as they are supposed to. Now what does this have to do with lawn care? People that do not understand these things are normally horrible customers to deal with. They do not give a S=T about the well being of their dogs, they also do not care about you.

JMK26

LawnSite Fanatic
One of my signs not to take on a yard is when dogs are left out alone in a back yard all day long. The fact that they are digging indicates they are bored out of their minds. I am guessing this is some kind of working breed type dog. Unless those dogs have a job to do every day, they will chew on everything and dig up the yard. If there is dog #2 all over the yard, that means they never get walked every day as they are supposed to. Now what does this have to do with lawn care? People that do not understand these things are normally horrible customers to deal with. They do not give a S=T about the well being of their dogs, they also do not care about you.

YES!

greendoctor

LawnSite Fanatic
I turned down a job in a multimillion dollar neighborhood. Reason. One of the Great Danes at the house was vicious and the owner did nothing to correct that behavior. That interaction made me doubt the owner enough to not want their money or their business.

OP
Todd73

Todd73

LawnSite Silver Member

One is a Collie, another is a Great Pyrenees. Can’t remember the other two.

greendoctor

LawnSite Fanatic
Oh goodie. Herding, shepherding type dogs. Unless they have some goats or cows to work every day, the owner will have to keep them occupied.

Top Forums