1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Harbor Freight Mower Lift

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by cutman2000, Feb 25, 2020.

1. cutman2000

cutman2000 LawnSite Senior Member

Is this lift decent for a 48" standers and a 52" walk behind? It says lifts up to 300 lbs.
    [​IMG]

2. Green Industry Pro

Green Industry Pro LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Tyler Texas

I recently purchased the Fischer mower jack from HF. I believe it was $200, don't quote me. Similar to the one you pictured except the capacity is 750lb. which to me is important for commercial equipment. I use it with my Turf Tracer and my Quik Trak. Works well with both, definitely easier and safer then a car jack like what I used to use. Can be a little tricky depending on where the front anti scalp wheels are positioned on your mower, but you can work around it or modify the jack.

3. kemco

kemco LawnSite Gold Member

I bought 2 of these a handful of years ago. Both i had shipped to my house. First one came and was broken. Second came with zero hydro fluid and the zerk or whatever the bolt is called was missing. I was done. Bought the jungle jim mower jack lift. Love it. Two seconds up. Two down. And takes up very little space which was a big plus for me.

Derwood likes this.
  4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Buy a real jack..

5. danell10

danell10 LawnSite Member

I'll bet that jack will do just fine. I have a 150 dollar mowjack of similar construction and it does the job well. I also noticed the quality of many of Harbor Freight's products has quickly improved. I've been buying more and more of their tools.

Doc8406 and Green Industry Pro like this.
  6. goodgreen

goodgreen LawnSite Senior Member

I got rid of my Jungle Jack and just use Harbor Freights heavier quality jack lifts. Not very expensive at all.

7. danell10

danell10 LawnSite Member

The OP said his jack is rated for 750 lbs, so that's a sturdy unit. Mine is only rated at 300. I laughed at Harbor Freight products when they first opened, but now days they have some good quality tools. The Chinese are quickly improving their manufacturing processes.

8. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Remember 300 lbs of lift would be plenty to lift the light front end of most Standers and def walks.
    I'd say though, the Chinese are choking to death with that corona virus they cooked up.

cutman2000 likes this.
  9. Doc8406

Doc8406 LawnSite Fanatic

i have the improved version, got it out the door for 79 bucks on sale with the 20% off on top.. so far it has done the job that i ask it to do..

JLSLLC likes this.
  10. danell10

danell10 LawnSite Member

About a year ago I saw a program where they showed how some Chinese chicken processing takes place. It was appalling. They were working on the ground outdoors, surrounded by chicken guts etc. I think they were working legally, but the area looked like a good place for a virus to develop. Yikes!