hard to get to customers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by xxwhiteneonxx, Aug 15, 2017.

1. xxwhiteneonxx

xxwhiteneonxx LawnSite Member

What do you guys do when a customer lives down a half mile narrow dead end road or is on a crazy steep hillside? Do you just not take on that customer? What do you do/ tell them. I'm currently in this situation. Obviously taking a trailer down the road isnt going to happen.

2. Mow-Daddy.com

Mow-Daddy.com LawnSite Gold Member

Yep just tell them schedule is full.

3. xxwhiteneonxx

xxwhiteneonxx LawnSite Member

Thats what i was figuring. Its a shame as i want to take on as much as i can handle, but it doesnt make sense to drop the trailer at our shop, load up 2 push mowers and weed wackers and go service her property.

LawnWaffle likes this.
  4. Todd73

Todd73 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Florida

You're not going to be abke to take everything. If you're not set up to take a property, better to pass than to get into a bad or frustrating situation.

5. sehitchman

sehitchman LawnSite Senior Member

My favorite statement "There is enough money"!

6. Grassfire205

Grassfire205 LawnSite Member

I've got one yard that's a quarter mile down a narrow driveway and almost no where to turn around. I just back all the way down it. I told her it would be an extra 20 bucks to back down everytime and she said okay I understand. I always charge extra for inconveniences and explain why to customers and most of them understand and pay.

hort101 and Tonset like this.
  7. Tonset

Tonset LawnSite Member

That actually works well with me. Push mow? Charge more. Steep hill? Park at bottom and drive mower/trimmer/blower up the hill to the job and charge 2x as much. The key is explaining it to them, and it's usually not much of an inconvenience to you.

8. Enjoi829

Enjoi829 LawnSite Senior Member

Charge for the time, if they cant pay it, move on

hort101 likes this.