Hardscape contract

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Cody Evans Kenney, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Cody Evans Kenney

Cody Evans Kenney LawnSite Member

So i was curious how many of yall actually have a full on contract for your hardscaping?

If so would any of you be willing to let me see it or leave me with a template so i can use it this coming spring. I did a patio last year with no contract was a returning customer so we knew each other, he had no issues without a contract but i would rather be alot safer than sorry this spring. Any help would be awesome! Thanks in advanced.

2. Andrew H

Andrew H LawnSite Silver Member

We use a contract, it explains payment terms, warranty, customers due diligence to receive any warranty work, scope of work to be completed, completion date and an out for both parties.

hort101 likes this.
  3. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

There’s a plethora of examples if you use google and plagerize what you can find online

With a couple days research and typing you’d have your own

Mdirrigation likes this.
  4. brichter14

brichter14 LawnSite Senior Member

Pm or post your email I’ll send you mine

5. Andrew H

Andrew H LawnSite Silver Member

Couple of days? He’s not using an feather and ink.

6. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

MOST people can’t type
    And he needs time to look through everything
    Decide what he wants to include etc
    I wouldn’t just go about spending a few hours on writing a contract that you’re going to use to protect yourself and your customer.

7. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

A good contract isn’t a couple days. Not a couple weeks. My contracts are over 10 years of modifying, adding,
    Revising. Disclaimer after disclaimer after disclaimer. Statements required by the state’s we serve. A contract is a legal document. Written as if a judge is looking over my shoulder.

Nope, not willing to share. Just trying to share my perspective.

hort101 likes this.
  8. Mitty87

Mitty87 LawnSite Silver Member

I have a basic 3 page contract made in my first year. I basically just sat down with a lawyer and he looked it over with me and made sure I had what was necessary. I'm sure I will need to add to it over the years. I just paid him $150, maybe spent an hour together and he looked over the notes I sent him before our meeting.

hort101 likes this.