Hardscape trailer

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by earthly, Mar 22, 2018.

1. earthly

earthly LawnSite Senior Member
    from IOWA

We just purchased an enclosed trailer. What is the best way to hang tools (brooms, rakes, shovels and spades on the wall)?

I see there are lots of brackets available online but I was just wondering what other people are doing. If you have any pictures please post them.

I’m trying to get ours all set up and stocked by April 1st.

2. smallyardman

smallyardman LawnSite Member

I have a 2x4 screwed to the wall. the hangers from old fire extinguishers are screwed to the board. works great for shovels, rakes, brooms, and pitch forks

3. earthly

from IOWA

Have any pictures? We are using horizontal e track on the wall and trying to use as many attachments for that as possible so we don’t have to put additional holes in the walls.

4. E-mans Hardscapes

E-mans Hardscapes LawnSite Member

I’ve posted these a few times over the past couple years. Hopefully you can get a few ideas from them.

This is my newest trailer. 7x14’

8938793F-876F-46B0-BA24-15C1AD9B5526.jpeg 3373BE73-AF3D-4063-8A50-798FFC9BB8C4.jpeg D5A007C8-785D-4522-AED5-B61B07A71B5F.jpeg

Older trailer. 6x12’

3CBDEFB3-6E44-4EDB-AF14-94B2458C7B5F.jpeg FC2C0B05-2B00-43CE-9371-7405B0D3260A.jpeg 628427F7-2DF5-4948-AA0C-844873593FE3.jpeg 12BF697C-81BC-4EAE-A58C-DDD773B968E6.jpeg

C.haynes, Turf Kare and THIESSENS TLC like this.
  5. earthly

from IOWA

Thanks for posting those pictures. That’s what I was looking for. I want to make sure everything has a place for it and it’s secured.

E-mans Hardscapes likes this.
  6. E-mans Hardscapes

E-mans Hardscapes LawnSite Member

Two of our trailers have a built in urinal. I plan to put one in mine this year.

Funnel in the front left corner with a hose running down though the floor and routed to the right side of the trailer. One of our foreman even built a soap dispenser with bleach water to rinse it out! Clearly there are jobs you can’t use it on but it sure beats having pee bottles all over the trailer!

7. earthly

from IOWA

Yeah I make my guys go to a gas station if they need to use the restroom, I can’t have piss all over our trailer:puke:

Mitty87 and Mark Oomkes like this.
  8. Lawnappmo

Lawnappmo LawnSite Member

E-mans Hardscapes likes this.
  9. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Return the trailer and go buy a heavy duty dully one ton truck with a utility body. This will enable you to pull a dump trailer allowing you to transport the skid steer while transporting all your tools, etc

10. JDGlandscape

JDGlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

But then anything larger than hand tools are out in the weather in the small portion of the bed that isnt tool boxes, and you have time loading them every morning and unloading every night, I like enclosed trailers bc everything is there and it's much simpler. The setup you mentioned may be slightly more efficient wothout having to use a second truck. But only on the first and last day of the job, the trsiler stays on site.

Now maybe a nice box truck that can tow up to 14k pounds would be a great setup

earthly likes this.