1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone created an estimating spreadsheet??

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by tejas241, Sep 4, 2005.

1. tejas241

tejas241 LawnSite Member

Hi all, and once again thank you for your time!

I am new to the business, do it on the side to supplement my income as a fireman. Hopefully i would not be viewed as a "scrub", my work is professional and i take it seriously!

I was wondering if any of you had a spreadsheet you created to help estimate jobs???? And if so, would you share it?

I have been trying to create one... but it is not going well at all. :realmad:

2. tejas241

tejas241 LawnSite Member

Here is what i came up with so far... and yeah i know it is lacking!

3. Killswitch

Killswitch LawnSite Senior Member

I'd say so.

lol

4. Markf

Markf LawnSite Senior Member

Not being funny here, but do a search using "estimate spreadsheet". If I remember correctly, CaptainDing (???) had a good sheet. Good Luck.
    Mark

5. start2finish

start2finish LawnSite Senior Member

Here is a file that I have used to keep track of how a job is going during and after the job. It showed me how much money(capital) I was tying up on a job and exactly how much I was making. This is my work and I give permission to anyone to use it for their own business, I hope it is useful to someone. Any reccomendations or changes are welcome and feel free to PM or email me with any questions on how to use it.

Attached Files:

6. start2finish

start2finish LawnSite Senior Member

after you have figured out how the formulas work , it is fairly simple to do. But this one would be a good pattern to work from. There are several things I can do with the sheet as far as adding overhear percentages and figuring your REAL profit margin. Good Luck!

7. tejas241

tejas241 LawnSite Member

Thank you start2finish, that is very generous, and you do EXCELLENT work.