1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone ever made thier own weedwacker holders?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Ford's Lawncare, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Ford's Lawncare

Ford's Lawncare LawnSite Member

I built some wooden weedwacker holders about four years ago. They work well, but I am gonna upgrade and make some out of steel. I think I will use like 1" square tubing for the uprights, and custom fab some holders to latch around the wacker on its handle and opposite side. I think I will make mine to hold three wackers, and bolt on to the base of the trailer. I know they sell these for as cheap as $100, but I will probably only have to buy like maybe $20 worth of steel, and I have the rest myself. I will actually have some downtime in a few weeks, so I figure I can keep busy for a while making these.

2. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

I didnt make mine but what i did is went down to the home repo and buy ladder holders and mounted them in my enclosed trailer and it hold my edger & weed whacker both. and it cost me like 6 - $10 to do it

3. Ford's Lawncare

Ford's Lawncare LawnSite Member

Ya, the wooden ones that I built, I made them so they could hold hand tools and my leaf blower, on one of those cheaper ladder racks. I want to try to work that into my new steel ones too.

4. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

i made my own out of metal, i'm gonna be re-painting them today and i'll take a pic of them an post it here:usflag:

5. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Lot's of threads on here about trimmer racks. Here are some I made several years ago. They are made from 1.25" square tubing. The pics aren't great, but they show how the mechanisms work for holding the trimmers in place. The thing I like about this design is that it is lightning fast to get trimmers out and put them away, and it does hold them in place.

Here is a thread with some pics of my trimmer racks.
    http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=168263

6. ffemt1271

7. ffemt1271