1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

    Dismiss Notice

has anyone ever thought of this or is doing this

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by slclawn, May 9, 2007.

  1. slclawn

    slclawn LawnSite Member
    from IN
    Messages: 71

    I was thinking of contacting the local army and air guard in my area.To get the names of people who's husbands are over sea's and asking them if they would mind if i mow there yard for free wail there spouse is gone you no to help out and contribute a little.:usflag: :usflag:
  2. ofishil

    ofishil LawnSite Member
    from TX
    Messages: 123

    I really doubt they would give you that information.....
  3. Palmer'sLS

    Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 535

    noble idea, doubt they'd release the names though...:hammerhead:
  4. sooner74

    sooner74 LawnSite Member
    from UT
    Messages: 76

    I can tell you they won't give that information... At least later this year when I am over there I hope they don't give out my information. Too many people that want to take advantage of single spouses. My primary job is USAF and when our guys go over to the sandbox, we take care of them. Thank you for wanting to take of those that are taking care of our nation. :usflag:
  5. slclawn

    slclawn LawnSite Member
    from IN
    Messages: 71

    I just wanted to help in a way that i could be of service to the county by hepling out with some thnig i am good at. I have a budy thats in the guard and i don't think it will hurt to ask him what they would need anyway thanks for the input guys.
  6. sooner74

    sooner74 LawnSite Member
    from UT
    Messages: 76

    talk to your buddy, I am sure not all the shops/units take care of their guys/girls the way we do. It helps that I have all the equipment and I am the boss. I wasn't trying to discourage in the least bit, do what you can when you can and those that receive it will appreciate it...
  7. hdhillin

    hdhillin LawnSite Member
    Messages: 67

    Under the privacy act they will not release the information to you. What you can do possibly is go to the local commacary and post a flyer maybe. You can also take out an ad in the local military paper that is published by the local newspaper. I could not afford to place the ad, as the paper wanted a minimum 6 week commitment. I have tried (flyer)this in Jacksonville, Florida. No responses yet though.
  8. bohiaa

    bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 5,220

    Dont do that........

    you will be dealing with the Army,,,, hell Man they will come and shoot you
  9. txgrassguy

    txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member
    Messages: 3,083

    If you are primarily dealing with the Army, simply go to the post and speak with the AES or AER people. It's been so long I don't exactly remember the correct acronym. Stands for Army Emergency Services or Army Emergency Relief - something like that.
    You'll find this service at the base, usually located in a base telephone directory or at the Staff Duty Officer's location.
  10. warren piece

    warren piece LawnSite Member
    Messages: 92

    Your local VFW is a good place to recieve this information. Also there are many support groups for the spouses of service people overseas. You might try finding these groups and could probably get names from them.

Share This Page