Has anyone had to fire a customer?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Gecko Lawns, Jan 14, 2019.

1. UpNorthMowing

UpNorthMowing LawnSite Fanatic
    from Ontario

:eek: white salt, our suppliers cant get regular white salt for the foreseeable future.

We are using salt from Chile, horrible garbage. Too wet causing it to plug salters along with it freezing into a block.

hort101 and Doc8406 like this.
  2. Love the Green Biz

Love the Green Biz LawnSite Platinum Member

Good move-their idea of salting is going to give you high blood pressure.

3. That Guy Gary

That Guy Gary LawnSite Gold Member

When we had that nasty Winter here 2 years ago in SW Idaho no one had cal mag or similar available so we bought water softener salt by the ton from CostCo and it worked great, have you tried looking for products packaged for a different use?

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

We've gotten some from Morocco that is brown, wasn't too wet but did have a lot of fines. We'll see how it goes if I ever get around to spreading it...

5. UpNorthMowing

from Ontario

Hopefully it won't come to that!

hort101 likes this.
  6. UpNorthMowing

from Ontario

Yeah the chile salt is brown and fine as well, seems like the second load we got was more dry than the last. Less equipment plugged up, but it still freezes up around 8" thick, and is soft underneath the crust.

It was also cold the last few nights, hopefully you won't have any issues!

hort101 likes this.
  7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

OK, so this idiot was complaining about the salt...we normally just use liquids because we have that capability but these few granules were from the parking lot...now he wants all granular deicer.

The guy is bipolar.

hort101 likes this.
  8. hal

hal LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Georgia

For some reason I have had bad luck with lawyers. One I fired wanted every leaf picked up during leaf fall, another ruined the reputation of a guy that made her mad. Just walked away....

9. smallyardman

smallyardman LawnSite Member

when a customer starts complaining or you don't want to go to that yard anymore its time to get rid of. had one that made me $200 a week. at end of season i knew wasnt worth it. less stress is great

10. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Gold Member

once customer decider the write a nasty email 1 month before season ended. asking me why the hell i am mowing.

that's the end of the road for that customer. I normally try to resolve these issues in a professional manner. but in this case its just not worth my time.