1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone made their own discharge chute block off plate?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by eddings, Apr 17, 2008.

1. eddings

eddings LawnSite Member

I am pondering the best way to do this. I have a Toro 52", and it looks like it would be simple to bend a piece of aluminum and wing nut it into place. It would be nice if it was on hinges so a person could raise and lower it at will.

I know they make a product for this but it costs several hundred dollars, and it looks like it would be easy to make.

2. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I made one for my exmark, hooked it up to an electric motor (car window motor). Worked really nice but I bag now so I don't use it.

I made it with scrap metal laying around, used a piece of 1/4" steel (really should of used about 1/8" to make it easier on the electric motor), then some 1/8" thick stripes of 1" metal to make an arm and a base. It's not hard to make them.

3. jggarrettllc

jggarrettllc LawnSite Member

heres mine

[​IMG]

4. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i made my own for the kubota zd326, look up my thread of recent to see them. i like what you did to yours for the scag, how did you rig it up( what is that) to use it electrically or what ever to raise it . i haven t gotten that far yet and just use a rubber strap for now!!!!!

5. grassman177

see if this pic workshttp://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=104116&stc=1&d=1206406366

6. grassman177

i dont think that worked, i have the pics uploaded, but dont know how to reload them to this thread. anyone?

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

That is a nice job.....if insterested in making me just the plate I am willing to pay....I would like to wing nut it to hold it close I don't open/shut but a couple times a week. I got a tiger cub with velocity plus deck.....doesn't it blow that up?

8. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

that looks good on that scag