1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

has anyone read William Ferrell?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by thecolorgreen, Aug 18, 2005.

1. thecolorgreen

thecolorgreen LawnSite Member

Has anyone read books on lawn care business by William Ferrell? Is it worthwhile?

2. Illuminator

Illuminator LawnSite Member

Yes, I purchased a course by Mr. Feller and found it way too basic. I have 6 yrs. experience and recently re-entered the industry after 5 yrs. of being out. Thought the course would be a nice jump start but I found it too outdated and basic. I do think it would be helpful to someone new to the industry. He promptly refunded my money on request, so I would say he is a safe source to buy from.

3. smullen

smullen LawnSite Member

Nope, I bought and read a Book called "Start and Run A Landscaping Business"", by Joel LaRusic, but like Illuminator said, I found it a bit to basic, almost like comon sense type info... I guess if you had never worked for a LC or done any work of your own, it might be a bit helpful....

I think the book was written well and had good info, I was looking more for the Business (back office type info on Billing, taxes, insurance etc..etc..) vs. what color grass is and that you need a mower, trimmer and a blower to start...

4. thecolorgreen

thecolorgreen LawnSite Member

Illuminator, did you find any books that were helpful? If so what were they?

5. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

[​IMG]

Will Farrel wrote a book?

:)

6. brinlee lawn

brinlee lawn LawnSite Senior Member

thats exactly who I thought of. :rolleyes: