1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone regretted buying a mini skid steer?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Mitty87, Mar 26, 2018.

1. OP
    OP
    Mitty87

Mitty87 LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks for the input guys. I have a 2500' lawn tear out and topsoil job where I was wondering how I'll get a bobcat operator on short notice but bobcat is delivering it to me, wants me to put 8 hours on it. Very good salesman

hort101 likes this.
  2. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

3. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

4. hort101

hort101 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S.E. New England

5. brichter14

brichter14 LawnSite Bronze Member

Used my sk800 today. Tilled 2 gardens and did a front yard Reno.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. OP
    OP
    Mitty87

Anyone think I'll have any troubles tearing out a couple 1000 sq feet of lawn with the mt55 next week? They are going to get me a better bucket

I really wanted to buy a house but now leaning towards dump trailer and mini skid and buying the house next spring.

7. brichter14

With a bucket yeah that’s gonna look rough. Need a tiller or Harley rake. I use A tiller and a land plane for regrading

8. OP
    OP
    Mitty87

I might be able to find a rental for that or see if maybe they can help me out if they have one. Think it's not even worth trying to jump right in to the turf excavation? He said he wants me to beat the crap out of it.

9. brichter14

You will be able to excavate the turf that’s easy. But it’s gonna look terrible because you are slicing through the soil not churning it up. I’m thinking about your customer

Mitty87 likes this.
  10. SAAS

SAAS LawnSite Member
    Male, from South Texas

I watched your video as well....a couple of times. Thanks for taking the time to make it. I'm pulling the trigger on the CTX 100 later today and I am a bit nervous.