• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Has anyone taken the clt exam in ohio?

Dunno what it is. I'm just posting 'cause you mentioned Ohio. What is it?

GreenmanCT

LawnSite Senior Member
Certified Landscape Technician, http://www.ohiolandscapers.org/ or go to PLANET website. Im taking the test Thurs. and was looking for some insite on how the test is set up and what I should study for the most.
" Why Become Landscape Industry Certified?
Establish credentials by meeting international standards for safe and effective operation of tools, equipoment, and machinery, and demonstrating a thorough understanding of all the facets of your job. "

sounds more like a safety course..."license and insured" would be more effective then saying "certified landscape technician" b/c now that persons just gonna think your a d-bag who tries to give himself a technical name.

Maybe there is something to be learned in these classes, i havent taken them, so i dont know.

Only cert class i ever took was ICPI, they run a pretty good informative class. I learned alot.

Danscapes

LawnSite Senior Member
In my opinion if you are getting the certifications for your own knowledge and experience is good. But if your just collecting certifications to hang on the wall and tell your potential customer about is a pointless waste of money. Now you might gain a few customers by being "certified" in this or that, but in general most of the common public have no idea what the certifications are and then they only become bragging points on forums like this one.

OP
A

ARS

LawnSite Member
from that comment it sounds like your the d-bag. you ask why someone would want to further educate themselves in the field that they work in, and then call them d-bags. then you go and say that you are ICPI certified and you learned alot taking the course. huh? nice picture... it says a thousand words,... mainly ******

Danscapes

LawnSite Senior Member
from that comment it sounds like your the d-bag. you ask why someone would want to further educate themselves in the field that they work in, and then call them d-bags. then you go and say that you are ICPI certified and you learned alot taking the course. huh? nice picture... it says a thousand words,... mainly ******
who is that comment directed at?

GreenmanCT

LawnSite Senior Member
well here is basically my point kid, ive been to plenty of classes and am constantly seeking higher knowledge. This program is CRAP! theyre a business makin money. If you want to learn something, attend seminars(theyre mentioned alot on this site), enroll in a landscaping class..

and yes i know ICPI is a useless cert, but the knowledge they were sellin was worth alot more then their cert.