Has anyone used a Mighty Mac leaf vacuum

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Codie, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Codie

Codie LawnSite Member
    from Maine

I have a couple properties that want leaf cleanup but they insist on keeping the leaves for their mulch pile . Looking for a more efficient way than blowing them on a tarp and mowing or picking up with trash barrels . Saw a Mighty Mac for $350 on the local barter site and was wondering if anyone had some hands on experience with one

2. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Fanatic

You can move ALLOT of leaves from one place to another very quickly w/good bp and a 10’x12’ tarp.

Cam15 likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Codie

Codie LawnSite Member
    from Maine

You can but most of these places I have to lug them 800-1000’ gets old fast, especially if I’m by myself . I was hoping this machine would mulch them up enough to fit a decent amount and where it’s self propelled it would deff be easier

4. Cam15

Cam15 LawnSite Silver Member

I'm going to be breaking out my cyclobe rake in the next couple of weeks and I'll let you know how it goes.

Codie likes this.
  5. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Fanatic

If all you doing is lugging from point A to point B and don’t care about reduction then bp and tarp fastest by far. We move massive amounts on 10”x12’ tarps from back yards to curb-side for Municipal vacs.

usually 2-3 guys w/one or 2 guys hauling and one holding back tarp to try prevent roll off.

Have my Walks and tarps set up so the Walks can haul a tarp if leaves are wet.

6. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

Yea working alone bites...sometimes. Wheeled push blowers are good for open areas and moving large amounts of leaves, I’ve ran one while running a backpack too, time is money.

If you have a garden tractor or atv you can use that to pull tarps of leaves. But you need to use something that can take the abuse of dragging on the ground, or double up tarps.

Cam15 likes this.
  7. douglee25

douglee25 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TX

For me personally I always found a push blower to be useful, regardless of the size of yard. Backpack blower for the beds, bushes, and perimeter. Use the push blower to push the leaves to the curb or to large piles. Kick and rake leaves onto tarps and drag to the curb for pickup. If your town doesn't do pickups, use the zero turn to pulverize the piles down to peanuts and throw in a couple trash bags.

Cam15 likes this.