Has anyone used Taskeasy?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jake78, Jul 22, 2013.

1. lawnmowingintown

lawnmowingintown LawnSite Member

fawk lol I spoke with a rep about of a overgrown property that requires bagging to lower it down. she said "no need of bagging just mowing to blow it to the gutters" I am like wtf??? "lol you said what?? you know if i get caught Ill be fined, have you been telling this to contractors? if that is the case now i see why we get streets floods".

Now the Waypoint or as knows as invitation homes. Are cheap they don't want to pay more than $80 total.

This Company is losing I am doing better finding my own clients outside sources. I handle the bills by automatic payment process. My clients are fine with it. Task Easy did help me in the beginning since 2016, now is worthless.

I had client wanted a basic work a custom task 3 bags of mulch, bush trimming and weeds removal 250 sqft or less. She was elder lady i told her ill do it for $50. Task easy was charging her $70. How I know because she called back to Task Easy that the bid was to high. If was possible for me to reduce it. I told task easy $50 I am charging $50? Really? how much you all charging her? $70. Oh then that is on yall.

2. 97BlackDiesel

97BlackDiesel LawnSite Member

Bruh ur English bruh. Hard to understand what ur saying. I say just steal TaskEasy’s customers I’m surprised no one has thought of this.

3. CLT Bluesman

CLT Bluesman LawnSite Member

Is this English?

4. 97BlackDiesel

97BlackDiesel LawnSite Member

No it’s not. A lot of the reps at TaskEasy are hard to understand too.

5. ltdlawn

ltdlawn LawnSite Silver Member

Just picked up eow 889sqft for $45??? The new pricing is in effect alright.

lawnmowingintown likes this.
  6. TheC-Master

TheC-Master LawnSite Senior Member

A lot of people do try and get the customers behind their back, it's one of the reasons they don't give out phone numbers anymore. They say it's because of "past experiences" though.

With my own clients I have control over everything and make more money. It's the best way to be.

7. lawnmowingintown

Oh hell i didn't get paid just because I wasn't able to take pictures under the rain. I even place a comment.

8. lawnmowingintown

I call this morning to cancel the 2 yards, one didn't get paid and other did get paid. I was asked, "why canceled the one i was paid". I reply, "i am not going for one house. So cancel them." Was canceled. We hang up. So I live kinda near and do have lawns near but for sure I know no one will travel for this two houses.

This type of caring they are giving to contractors is a run away. Rep -"Take an umbrella with you to take pictures under the rain". o_O. I reply, "Your first priority under the rain is the machines. Is what brings food to the table and bills. Any yard man search a roof or under the freeway to keep the machines dry and to place plastic bags around the engines. No one will pay of what I pay for this machines". Rep- "Yes, but we must follow the scope of work". :hammerhead:

9. CLT Bluesman

CLT Bluesman LawnSite Member

I learned that the “advocates” have a scorecard now and the performance of their contractors is being tracked. So for instance if I reschedule and push a lawn out it reflects on my “advocate”.

Point is the advocates are under pressure. I feel their pain so I try to honor whatever commitments I make. I have a great advocate and I try to help her anyway I can.

That being said, I don’t have a lot of TE work right now so it’s not an issue. I do turn down a lot of work unless it’s in my zip code.

For new guys starting out TE does put money in your pocket while you build your own clientele up.

ltdlawn likes this.
  10. TheC-Master

TheC-Master LawnSite Senior Member

CLT is right. Just be sure not to let them add so much work that you are totally reliant on them either. You'll find yourself busy but with no real control of your clients and you will be making far less money too.