• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Has going Organic made you money?

bjm95

LawnSite Member
Im looking to start a Organic lawn program. I need to invest in the skid sprayer etc and was eager to here from the guys who have gone the organic route.

Is the demand strong? Has it increased profits? What about market share in general?

All info would be greatly appreciated.

Smallaxe

LawnSite Fanatic
I never used a skid sprayer, for organics. It is not a necessary tool.

Smallaxe

LawnSite Fanatic
I use compost instead of CT, and I use Milorganite. I have my son do any 'spot spraying' as it might be needed, and he does fine with a 'back pack' sprayer.
We don't blanket spray anything...

OP
B

bjm95

LawnSite Member
I use compost instead of CT, and I use Milorganite. I have my son do any 'spot spraying' as it might be needed, and he does fine with a 'back pack' sprayer.
We don't blanket spray anything...
Would you mind if I sent you pm so we could talk more? I want to go organic big time and am just trying to figure out the different methods.

Last edited:

starry night

LawnSite Platinum Member
Where do you live? What size economic market and demographics?

Smallaxe

LawnSite Fanatic
So has it helped boost your business? Do people want organic?
I've only taken on 1 additional client in the past 15 yrs, or so. I've been turning down offers for work all during that time. I have been doing, "Complete Organic" lawn care on lawns, only for the past 4 seasons. So boosting business. No. :)

Do people want it? I have sent out advertizing feelers, with no response yet. So, hard to say. The people I do organics for, don't know, and they don't care, they just think I'm Awesome. They are especially happy, that their lawn care bill, continues to decline, in the fert. dept. each year.