1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Have domain, need host and site

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by tpirobert, Jan 11, 2002.

1. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

2. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

3. MadLawn

MadLawn Banned

I have 7 domain name host under http://neitsolutions.com I have no problem and have more email and easy to use control panel. It does come with forum script free.

--MADLAWN :angry:

4. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

Just signed up for a year with poweredby.com. So far they have lived up to their end of the deal. Promised instruction within 24 hours and they were there. I am going to upload my page this weekend. I will post the url to judge the speed (not the page - easy.. it is my first real page).

jf

5. swilcox

swilcox LawnSite Member

Just a note for those still looking. I had another host, but after reading this board, I signed up at NEIT Solutions (http://www.neitsolutions.com). They have a plan with everything you can imagine at $5.95. Many more features than where I was and I'm going to save money.

Thanks MadLawn for that great tip. I'm kicking myself that I was fleeced for so long with those other guys. How did you first find them?

They were very quick setting me up too.

6. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

So far, I have no cmplaints with poweredby.com. I am actually very impressed with the the connection speed for the fees.

Here is my link is you would like to see the connection speed. Please dont mind the site. I have a ways to go with it.
    http://64.233.5.198/index.htm

7. tpirobert

tpirobert LawnSite Member

heygrassman

Your site loaded very quickly. I will probably go with Poweredby.com as well. I've emailed them with questions and they were very quick to get back. I'll post my final decison here and any site I get started as well.

8. Nebraska

Nebraska LawnSite Senior Member

did you register the domain name there too?

9. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

My opinion is the most important thing to look for in a host is support and knowledgebase.

Just about anyone can spend a few thousand dollars and become a "host". Its the support and knowledgebase that seperates them.

Remember, you pay for what you get.

Just imagine if every single consumer in your market looked for one low price of $100 for year round full service. Or, $9.95 a cut....

IMHO

10. Nebraska

Nebraska LawnSite Senior Member

Agree. It is a catch 22....guys complain about "low ballers" then start search for the lowest in equipment, marketing, etc...