• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Have you bought a new or used truck recently?

JFGLN

LawnSite Silver Member
I have found the used truck market to be competitive and expensive lately. If you see one you like you have to make a quick purchase. I also looked at a couple of new trucks. The dealers at both the dealerships wouldn’t budge off of the sticker price. One told me the price was very competitive.

BrandonV

LawnSite Fanatic
the used truck market is insane. but that's what happens when it's trendy to have a pickup. god forbid fuel prices go up again people will be desperate to get rid of them.

Grassfire205

LawnSite Senior Member
I bought 2 ford diesels one use and one new and bought the wife a new 4runner in the last 3 months. New vehicles hard to come by here. factories shutting down to help with Corona supplies are now showing with slim pickings on lots. The used market is crazy cause of new vehicles being hard to find. If you see a vehicle you want and think its a good deal you better call and say you want it cause someone else is doing the exact same.

OP
JFGLN

JFGLN

LawnSite Silver Member
I bought 2 ford diesels one use and one new and bought the wife a new 4runner in the last 3 months. New vehicles hard to come by here. factories shutting down to help with Corona supplies are now showing with slim pickings on lots. The used market is crazy cause of new vehicles being hard to find. If you see a vehicle you want and think its a good deal you better call and say you want it cause someone else is doing the exact same.

That has been my experience with used right now. One sold while I was out test driving it. Sight unseen.

knox gsl

LawnSite Fanatic
I'm in the market for a new boss man truck(1/2 ton, 4door, short bed) for my wife. Everything is a little on the high side. I'm guessing the Trump economy is looking good in spite of the current climate.

OP
JFGLN

JFGLN

LawnSite Silver Member
Do dealers still negotiate on new trucks? I talked to one yesterday and they wouldn’t come down off window sticker price.

rclawn

LawnSite Bronze Member
The only time I have gotten dealer to negotiate on new truck is when I had a trade in. But then you figure they are just padding it into what they give you in the trade in

OP
JFGLN

JFGLN

LawnSite Silver Member
The only time I have gotten dealer to negotiate on new truck is when I had a trade in. But then you figure they are just padding it into what they give you in the trade in
I have never traded one in so I'm not familiar with that. I don't think they like how I come in with either cash or a pre-approved loan. They can't play games with the financing.