Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
Ford
3,666 Posts
Have you ever dumped 10 yards of hot steaming wet grass on a customer's car who hasn't paid you? If so, what was the outcome? Did you get your $$ or go to jail?
Just weighing my options
That would be harassing a debtor, which according to the FTC, is illegal. And it makes you look like a hack because you don’t do things the legal way.

Small claims court isn’t though…

·
Premium Member
8,856 Posts
I know of someone personally that recovered all of the landscape plants they installed at a home. Thousands of dollars in shrubs and plants... Which is completely illegal to do. I never heard the final outcome of that wish I did. At the time we mowed the property another company did the landscaping install.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How much money are you owed?
Like 650, but when I scroll through my balances and see this my blood boils, he had a card on file and canceled it so I couldn't charge it, it was for a fall cleanup, it was like 800, and I charged 200. So about 600 was left over, if I do do it I'll have my son youtube it, ill just say I was returning his grass we cut

·
Registered
17,821 Posts
Like 650, but when I scroll through my balances and see this my blood boils, he had a card on file and canceled it so I couldn't charge it, it was for a fall cleanup, it was like 800, and I charged 200. So about 600 was left over, if I do do it I'll have my son youtube it, ill just say I was returning his grass we cut
Don't forget the leaves

·
Registered
11,749 Posts
Just let it go. Go out and make some more money.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ya film it so it can be used against you in court, about as dumb as someone bragging they robbed a bank on Facebook…
I would just be returning what was rightfully his😉
Don't forget the leaves
[/QUOT
Yep. This is very good advice.

Note to self - anytime the thought comes that involves a steaming pile of anything, remember its a very bad idea.
Lol,most likely I'm not going to do it but when I see that balance I want to take a sledgehammer to his windshield,jus sayin
Although I get pissed when someone screws me out of $2 for an irrigation head that they think I should replace.
🤣

1 - 20 of 62 Posts