• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Have you seen this body? Vanscaper

mrusk

LawnSite Gold Member
I been reading about the advantages of cab overs for awhile. I read several post on ramps. And it seemed like you would need to build long ramps to get a ztr in the back of the truck. Or you could weld a dove tail up, but that just made the truck 2 feet longer. Then i discovered this body.
http://www.supremeind.com/service/vanscaper/images/Vnscpr_fullwidth_bvrtl_lg.jpg

When i buy my cab over, i am going with that body.

matt

Acute Cut

LawnSite Senior Member
ok, stupid question coming up. Those of you who are irritated with idiots please stop reading. lol.

(Understand i am NOT a welder or anything) Couldnt you cut the last two feet of a box van and just re-weld it on at an angle for a dove tail? I mean, i know you will have to adjust the door a bit and fill in a little bit of the sides. Say a four inch drop? Then you can make one solid ramp like this one pictured above. Just curious.

cantoo

LawnSite Silver Member
Acute Cut, that's what I did to mine. I cut it off just behind the fender steps and dropped it about 5" . I built a trailer hitch into it while I was at it. I didn't have to do anything with the door as it was long enough to go the extra 5"