• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

haven 't seen this border before

bugspit

LawnSite Senior Member
On a residential lot and most likely the done by the owner, he decided to use black 4" flexible drainage pipe as a border.

He had it pinned down with metal staples circling an area of 15'x20' and filling in the area with red mulch.

Unusual but affective.

charlies

LawnSite Senior Member
lol, funny, the bathroom/plumbing theme. how about functional shower heads hanging over the beds for watering.

it figures this guy is using something tacky like that. he decided to use red mulch, right?...enough said.

o-so-n-so

LawnSite Bronze Member
I have seen this before.

A local person has the same thing. 4" drainage pipe just laying on the ground staked in. Funny looking to me.

People will do anything to save a buck.........

Mgardner

LawnSite Member
Chalk it up for tacky landscape of the season. Hey thats an idea.THE ONE LIKE IS THE OLD BRASS BED FRAME WITH ANNUALS PLANTED ALL OVER IT. wITH A BIG PLASTIC FROG PEARCHED NEXT TO IT.

Mgardner

LawnSite Member
I`m embarrassed to say early on in the business I sold a customer 8 yrds of red mulch. ARRRRRRGGGGGUUUHH !!!!

Aleman

LawnSite Member
I've seen the bed frames with the flowers before. The one I saw even had a sign to let you know that it was a "flower bed"

GreenMonster

LawnSite Silver Member
Originally posted by Mgardner
I`m embarrassed to say early on in the business I sold a customer 8 yrds of red mulch. ARRRRRRGGGGGUUUHH !!!!
Hey guys, I just started a thread about red mulch before I read this post.

I guess I'm not alone.