Havener two wheeled sulky

Reliant Lawns KC

LawnSite Member
I have a 36 inch Toro proline belt drive and finally decided to attach the sulky and give it a whirl. I didnt care for that at all. 10 minutes in my feet hurt like crazy and it seemed to just jerk me side to side instead of tracking in a nice straight line. I took it off and put it back in the truck. Is the havener a bad choice or are sulkys just not for everyone?

JMK26

LawnSite Fanatic
Never had a Havener.....looked it up..doesn't look too stable...everything looks "skinnier" than other brands.

Get a Kage, you'll never buy another velke again...unless you need two...

Hawkshot99

LawnSite Silver Member
I have 1 and love it. Have owned a jungle jim in the past and like this alot more. I like the easy lock unlock feature to stow it when not in use(trailer time).

I'll give you my address and you can ship it to me if its horrible.

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
I ran a havener on my Tracer back in the day and it lasted pretty well, for what I paid for it.

JMK26

LawnSite Fanatic
I have a Kage...best investment i've made.

Knees aren't achy by end of season....less fatigue at end of day...When my schedule was done without the Kage I was beat and thankful for the schedule to be done....with the Kage I'm ready to mow a couple more...

Seriously it's a really good system. Pricey but worth every penny

lawnboy dan

LawnSite Platinum Member
not a havner fan. I have a land shark now. its much eaiser on your body than my velkie x2 . it tracks a lot better with less wobble. time will tell how it holds up. my velkie x2 has lasted 10 years so far.

JLSLLC

LawnSite Fanatic
I have that one, but it has the traditional bracket. I’m selling it for half I paid, it beat my knees up, won’t put it back on. I’d rather walk, or use another machine.

Wanted a kage, just haven’t dropped the money on it..

Hawkshot99

LawnSite Silver Member
not a havner fan. I have a land shark now. its much eaiser on your body than my velkie x2 . it tracks a lot better with less wobble. time will tell how it holds up. my velkie x2 has lasted 10 years so far.
How does the land shark store? I like the look of it, but I have a small enclosed trailer. I need to raise my sulky up every time i load the mower.
A jungle jim 2 wheel sulky was my first sulky as that's what the dealer had. I hated having to attach the hang chain every time I put the mower away, or needed to walk a short distance.
I found the Havener 2 wheel one and loved how it could be raised up and locked with a pin.